Action Alert: Brady Campaign and Paul Helmke are Sick!!!

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Action Alert: Brady Campaign and Paul Helmke are Sick!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2008, 08:27 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Action Alert: Brady Campaign and Paul Helmke are Sick!!!

If you had the occasion to read the news on Christmas day, you would have undoubtedly seen the tragedy that took place in California. After reading the details, I was disgusted. If you haven?t read the story, here it is: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,473024,00.html This morning, I received a press release from the Brady Campaign (which I will link and include below) that not only made me sick to my stomach, but angry as hell. These unscrupulous bastards are taking advantage of a tragedy for their own political gain and show their true colors by doing so. Paul Helmke and those involved with this press release are disgusting and useless parasites that feed off the blood of victims. As one person, I can do very little, but together we can try and let the rest of the public know what these scumbags are all about.

I've debated Paul Helmke on Fox News about 1 year ago and I thought he was a disingenuous and pretentious jerk then, but now I think much less. Let the people and media know how you feel if you feel anything like I do at this moment.

Eric R. Thompson
President
TGSCOM Inc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For your reading displeasure: http://news.prnewswire.com/DisplayRe...4946980&EDATE=

Christmas Eve Massacre Statement from Paul Helmke WASHINGTON,

Dec. 26 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- In response to a man dressed in a Santa suit opening fire at a home in Colvino, California, shooting an eight-year-old girl in the face, her 16-year-old sister in the back, then killing eight others and himself, Paul Helmke, President of the Brady Campaign, issued the following statement:

"Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family and community touched by this terrible tragedy. It is profoundly sad that a distraught man would take up arms to kill his family and others.

"In this season of hope, however, we should not despair and say this kind of violence is inevitable. We should not tolerate the steady drumbeat of gun deaths and injuries that tears our families and communities apart. We can and should do all that is within our power to find solutions to gun violence.

"In the New Year, we hope that our nation's leaders have the courage and conviction to take steps that will help protect our families and communities from gun violence."

As the nation's largest, non-partisan, grassroots organization leading the fight to prevent gun violence, the Brady Campaign, with its dedicated network of Million Mom March Chapters, works to enact and enforce sensible gun laws, regulations and public policies. The Brady Campaign is devoted to creating an America free from gun violence, where all Americans are safe at home, at school, at work, and in our communities.

Visit the Brady Campaign website at http://www.bradycampaign.org/. For continuing insight and comment on the gun issue, read Paul Helmke's blog at http://www.bradycampaign.org/blog/.

Peter Hamm
(202) 243-9249
phamm@bradymail.org
Doug Pennington
(202) 213-5115
dpenn@bradymail.org

SOURCE Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence

Three groups spend other people's money: children, thieves, and politicians. All three need supervision. —DICK ARMEY

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-27-2008, 10:53 AM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I am not surprized that these turds would use this tragedy for their own agenda...

Old 12-27-2008, 11:31 AM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

not making jokes about this sad story but did any one catch this guys name "Bong Garcia," who names their kid after a smoking device. i wonder if it has a different meaning in spanish

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 12-27-2008, 04:12 PM   #4

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtdeath66 View Post
not making jokes about this sad story but did any one catch this guys name "Bong Garcia," who names their kid after a smoking device. i wonder if it has a different meaning in spanish
Wouldn't be surprised if they were Filipino instead of Latino. I know that's a common nickname among Filipinos.

9x18=Makarov

Old 12-27-2008, 04:25 PM   #5

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

And...they're off!

Who didn't see this one coming. Capitalize on the tragedy, push the anti agenda before the story is cold.

Prayers out to the victims and their families.

Old 12-27-2008, 04:55 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Lets also punish and restrict the jet-fuel industry to harness their products. I say, meh, a 3 day waiting period per gallon of fuel.

It sounds like the arson did more damage than the idiot brandishing the weapon. Not to mention, the suit he was wearing melted to his skin, causing him severe 3rd degree burns. This ultimately made him commit suicide instead of crossing the border like his original plans were.

(i've been following this story since I first caught wind of it)

sheesh people (press), despite being the people in charge of supplying the news to us, it sure seems you have your own agendas for how the news is portrayed....my how the story would be different if he used a baseball bat to bludgeon those folks, or a chainsaw, or a samurai sword to behead them. Hell, he could have just shot up some PCP and killed them all with his bare hands....

Old 12-28-2008, 01:20 AM   #7

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

He used a car, too. And a Santa suit.

Old 12-30-2008, 05:40 AM   #8

Making the evil guns go away will not stop this type of violence. They seem to think he wouldn't have done such a good job of being a nutcase limited to a knife or baseball bat, chainsaw, hammer, bare hands, etc.

Some say the true agenda of the gun control folks is to take away all firearms in the hopes they will someday get the kind of nutcases in power who think like them. Then the real agenda can begin, one where they get to kill off the people they disagree with. (Mostly anyone who values freedom, liberty, sanity, etc).

The positions they take make such little sense I find the longer view theory to be possible, unfortunately.

‘‘War clouds were gathering rapidly. The sending of more than 3,000 British army regulars under Maj. Gen. Thomas Gage to Boston further exacerbated the imperial rift. When a column of these troops under Lt. Col. Francis Smith moved into the countryside to collect arms and munitions gathered by the patriot militia, hostilities erupted at Lexington and Concord on Apr. 19, 1775.’’ - The American Revolution Begins