Act of Valor boycott
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Act of Valor boycott

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2012, 04:29 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Default Act of Valor boycott

IDK, I might be the only one but I refuse to watch this movie on general principle.

Don't these seals know anything??? Hollywood is run by anti military, anti america, pro one world Soros goverment liberal democrates.

This is what I heard from the talking heads. These are active duty SEaLs who want their story of not only duty but life told.

"they" say nothing of importance was given away in terms of tactics or what not.

But why when once NOTHING was once known but the name, do we need to expose everything about the teams? Knowing something is more than nothing.

I wonder if theses guys faxed al queda, china, russia, and pakastan, the offical navy seals tactics books too as a read along to the movie.

WWII frogmen are rolling over in their graves. Everything worked for, all the deaths of those that came before them in silence, for what?? so hollywood could make a buck?

Loyalty can't be bought at any price;
but it can be rented remarkably cheaply.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-25-2012, 04:44 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6035 Times on 3164 Posts
Likes Given: 433

If alqueda and the muslim brotherhood uses this film as a how to on defeating seal tactics they are gonna get whoped harder than they are now by the seals....

The action sequences are pure helliwood after all.

I think your getting twisted on this for nothing. The numerous ww2 us sub movies (equivelent secrecy on tactics and strategy as the seals today) didnt seem to help the japs one bit during the war. In fact it was just the opposite.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-25-2012, 05:02 AM   #3
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2337 Times on 1258 Posts
Likes Given: 846

Saw it tonight. It was a good yarn.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 02-25-2012, 05:06 AM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I'll be thinking of your crazy rant while I'm stuffing my face with popcorn and polishing of a Pepsi.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-25-2012, 05:19 AM   #5

Liked 229 Times on 141 Posts

I doubt any of these guys in the movie are active duty seals,my bet is the showed a clip or two of some seal training and then blatently advertise that active duty seals are in the movie to sell tickets. Seals may have collaborated during the making of them,but there's no way they play any significant parts.

I just have a hard time believing any seal would put his face out there after hearing rumors that seals have assualted and threatened reporters with their lives to recover photos after having pictures taken of them(for good reason).

Old 02-25-2012, 05:27 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstrong View Post
I doubt any of these guys in the movie are active duty seals,my bet is the showed a clip or two of some seal training and then blatently advertise that active duty seals are in the movie to sell tickets. Seals may have collaborated during the making of them,but there's no way they play any significant parts.

I just have a hard time believing any seal would put his face out there after hearing rumors that seals have assualted and threatened reporters with their lives to recover photos after having pictures taken of them(for good reason).
The main heroes are navy seals thats what all the controversy is about

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-25-2012, 05:34 AM   #7

Liked 128 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 246

AAAAA...It's just a Movie...with alot of Action....

Old 02-25-2012, 05:34 AM   #8

I'll watch it once for me, then go back and watch it once for you. Can't wait, heard it was off the chain!

Old 02-25-2012, 05:56 AM   #9

Liked 229 Times on 141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM

The main heroes are navy seals thats what all the controversy is about
You believe everything you hear on a commercial?

It just seems like Hollywood hyping it up to me,like I said I wouldn't put it past the marketing team to mislead people into thinking the main characters are active duty seals. Doesn't matter if they are or not if they can create controversy over it people will pay to see it. The movie itself seems tailored to the Call of Duty gamer types and others IMO,just hard for me to see real seals willing to glamourize what they do... much less be able to act lol. But that said I probably will see it sometime.

Old 02-25-2012, 01:42 PM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstrong View Post
You believe everything you hear on a commercial?

It just seems like Hollywood hyping it up to me,like I said I wouldn't put it past the marketing team to mislead people into thinking the main characters are active duty seals. Doesn't matter if they are or not if they can create controversy over it people will pay to see it. The movie itself seems tailored to the Call of Duty gamer types and others IMO,just hard for me to see real seals willing to glamourize what they do... much less be able to act lol. But that said I probably will see it sometime.
No lol. That info comes from the department of defense...

Its been all over the news the last week or so. If its a claim made solely by helliwood it goes in one ear out the other. But its confirmed by the dept of defense the claim is true. If it was say.... eric holder or obama saying it speaker of the house boehner saying it i wouldnt believe it.

It almost got nixed after it was done. the intial ok to film, officials didnt understand the seals were going to be the stars. Thats what caused all the stink in the last few weeks.

In my movie watching experience non super star actors are usually better than the top ranked ones.

And whats wrong with call of duty?? its a fun game!!

Last edited by JonM; 02-25-2012 at 01:47 PM.