ABC's 20/20 on guns - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > ABC's 20/20 on guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2009, 05:59 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbw View Post
They claimed that they showed a NRA cartoon film on gun safety to the little kids (4-7 years old I guess) and then set them up to find guns in there toy boxes. Well guess what, yeah they picked them up and aimed them at each other. 20/20 used this to show how ineffective the film was...
well, duh... If it only took a 4-7 minute film to learn something, I'd be doing some pretty nice home gunsmithing in about 8 minutes from now. I don't plan to show my boys a simple video and assume they know everything to keep them safe around firearms.

Old 04-12-2009, 04:24 PM   #12

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Since ABC came up with SchoolHouse Rock, and we all know that conjunctions hook up words, phrases and clauses, why don't they produce a cartoon that does better?

If you show a kid a video on rattlesnakes, stick one in a box that's supposed to be full of toys, odds are good curiosity is gonna kick in.

Stop b******g, ABC. You obviously can do better than Eddie Eagle, so save a kid and do it.

Old 04-13-2009, 06:44 AM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

60 Minutes had a slot on tonight about the BHO + $hitty economy = gun buying phenomenon, ammo buying phenomenon, and the 'assault' weapon ban. (can we please get a straight forward effing definition of an 'assault' weapon? Its a bloody gun, its SUPPOSED to look effing intimidating!!!!)

One guy (a brother of one of the people killed @ Virginia Tech) and a girl who was wounded in @ VT have teamed up to lobby for, you guessed it, more gun control. I was especially fond of his comment about buying guns at a gun show....(paraphrased from show)

"I went in and just bought guns. No one asked to see my license. I don't have a gun license. When they did, I refused. Then they just said if I paid them an extra 15 bucks they'd sell me a gun. (heres the funny part) One of the guns was a Glock, which is a much more powerful gun than what <insert VT shooter's name> used at Virginia Tech".....

Then I got into a discussion with my girlfriends mom that the general population cannot just go buy a fully-automatic weapon at a gun show w/o being a class III......

btw, after a little hiatus from the interwebz, its nice to be back everyone :-)

Old 04-13-2009, 05:36 PM   #14

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I watched the 20/20 special on guns. It outraged me. I wrote a blog on this topic. I knew this would be a hot topic on many forums so I figured I would post a little bit of my blog for you guys to read...

20/20 Shoots Blanks

Serious flaws were present with the 20/20 show aired last Friday, April 10, 2009. This episode was focused on showing the error of private citizens owning guns. It made a case for the fact that individuals don’t shoot effectively when they are under stress, that children and even teenagers aren’t properly trained to avoid guns, and that gun shows are ideal locations for criminals to buy guns. Let’s go over their fallacies bit by bit.

1) “Individuals don’t shoot effectively when they are under stress”: In actuality this is 100% true....

if you want to keep reading go to http://www.womenofcaliber.wordpress.com

Check out today's blog:

Why I DON'T recommend a Stun Gun for Self-Defense

http://www.womenofcaliber.wordpress.com