Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   This is it........ (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/a-61579/)

winds-of-change 04-01-2012 10:21 AM

This is it........

I have decided that shooting is too expensive a sport for me. I'm going to sell my guns and all my ammo. I would like $450 for my Ruger Mark II. It comes with a Bushnell scope (2-6 X 32), nice grips and 5 magazines. I'll even throw in the original ungirly grips that came with it. I'll sell the GP100 for $400. It's a nice gun and has been kept very clean. I would let the Sig P238 go for $500. It has less than 200 rounds through it and it comes with a nice Remora holster.

I have decided a woman my age should not be shooting guns and participating in a sport that is typically reserved for men. I am a grandmother and I should act as such. It's been fun while it lasted. :o

So, if any of you want to make an offer on my guns, I'll throw in the caliber ammo that goes with the gun. Any offers?

APRIL FOOLS!!!! You aren't getting rid of me that easy!!! I'm going to be on this forum until I get banned.

Mwaaahahahaha...........

downsouth 04-01-2012 10:35 AM

We knew better! !

Vincine 04-01-2012 11:48 AM

First I got pissed :mad:
because I just ordered a Mk III and I would have rather have bought a Ruger from you. :(
Then I figured you were up to something. ;)
When I scrolled to the April Fools admission, :D
I was relieved that I hadn't missed a chance to help us both out. :)
Now, not having missed an opportunity that wasn't really there, I donít know whether I feel :( or :) and I'm just :confused:.

Thank you for an interesting morning. :rolleyes:

Axxe55 04-01-2012 01:14 PM

that was a pretty good joke WOC! you had me going there for a minute! i'm glad you were joking. :eek:

you are admired here for your candor and not being afraid to ask questions about things you don't understand. you are an example for women and beginners who want to own and shoot firearms and to to lose you from the sport of shooting would be a huge loss. :)

winds-of-change 04-01-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axxe55 (Post 758370)
that was a pretty good joke WOC! you had me going there for a minute! i'm glad you were joking. :eek:

you are admired here for your candor and not being afraid to ask questions about things you don't understand. you are an example for women and beginners who want to own and shoot firearms and to to lose you from the sport of shooting would be a huge loss. :)

Thank you. I'm not going anywhere. :D

I love my guns and shooting. It boosts my confidence and self esteem and I feel like a million bucks when I'm done at the range.

Balota 04-01-2012 01:23 PM

Knew this had to be a joke WOC. You have way too much fun here to give up like that! I'm also a grandparent. Just keep reminding them that "Experience and guile will always win out over youth and enthusiasm!!!"

winds-of-change 04-01-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vincine (Post 758328)
First I got pissed :mad:
because I just ordered a Mk III and I would have rather have bought a Ruger from you. :(
Then I figured you were up to something. ;)
When I scrolled to the April Fools admission, :D
I was relieved that I hadn't missed a chance to help us both out. :)
Now, not having missed an opportunity that wasn't really there, I don’t know whether I feel :( or :) and I'm just :confused:.

Thank you for an interesting morning. :rolleyes:

We had a very crappy night at work. At first we were laughing at all the bad things that were happening. Then it wasn't funny anymore. In the middle of "what could go wrong has gone wrong" I said out loud, "I know why we're having a bad night.....it's April Fool's Day." So I thought I'd prank you all. :)

There's no way I'm giving up my Mark II. I'm glad you ordered yourself Mark III, though. You're going to like it.

ellis36 04-01-2012 02:22 PM

And here I was ready to write a comment imploring you not to do something as rash as selling your guns, that it doesn't cost anything to own them, etc, etc!
April Fools indeed! :)

Rick1967 04-01-2012 03:47 PM

Wow. I was dumbfounded. I thought maybe you were having a breakdown or something. Glad it was a joke!

Durangokid 04-01-2012 04:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
They just don't make "Grandmas" like this anymore.:eek: