9/11...Do you remember what you where doing... - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

9/11...Do you remember what you where doing...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2011, 03:46 AM   #31
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefsimms View Post
That is one of the most stirring pieces of performance art I have seen. Up until now I thought the medium of performance art was mostly crap, too much performance and maybe some art (or not).

I wish I could paint like that.

Old 09-11-2011, 04:57 AM   #32
Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 251 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 136

I was working motors on a special Traffic Enforcement, multi-agency detail. Our job was to issue citations to anyone violating traffic laws at selected schools, due to it being the first week of school. After seeing the carnage on TV, I told my boss that I refused to issue any citations, because it just wasn't the right thing to do. I got my butt in trouble, but to this day I have no regrets in my decision. And yes, my former boss is still an ***!

Old 09-11-2011, 06:07 AM   #33

Liked 781 Times on 452 Posts
Likes Given: 499

I was at an Insurance and Finance conference in Orlando, FL. I had had dinner with a vendor and several other clients from Marsh, Guy Carpenter and several other companies with offices in the WTC the night before. At 8:50 or so that morning every pager, beeper and cell phone in the room starting going off...by lunch time that afternoon many of the colleagues of those people were among the dead and missing. What I remember most is the feeling of guilt felt by some that only by the grace of God they were 1,000 miles from their offices in New York City that day.

The next 2 days were spent driving a rental car from Orlando to New Jersey since all air travel was grounded. Stopped in Fayetteville NC for breakfast on 9-13 and things were rolling already.
"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Last edited by Jpyle; 09-11-2011 at 06:09 AM.

Old 09-11-2011, 06:48 AM   #34
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4446 Times on 2471 Posts
Likes Given: 194

I was in 7th grade, my mom was driving me to school and they were talking about it on the radio, I didn't really know what was going on and we didn't watch the news that day in school, so I had no idea until I got home and my brother was watching it on TV even then I couldn't really comprehend it, I just new that something bad had happened and a lot of people had died.

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 09-11-2011, 02:15 PM   #35

Liked 130 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 246

WOW...Guys...Those are some good stories.....

Old 09-11-2011, 02:50 PM   #36
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 424 Times on 233 Posts
Likes Given: 70

I was in eighth grade. I remember being in science/math class when the principal came over the intercom announcing an accident and that we were going to have a prayer. About fifteen minutes later he announced that it wasn't an accident. We spent the rest of the day watching the television.

No, you can't take my gun. I'm gonna need it when you try to take my truck...

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm a mechanic. I fix things. This is why I will never be able to hold public office.

Old 09-12-2011, 12:33 AM   #37

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I was a junior in high school and was typing up a lab report in electronics shop.
I saw that people were worried, so I said to them and to their leaders and officials, "Don't be afraid of our enemies. Remember how great and terrifying the Lord is, and fight for your relatives, your children, your wives, and your homes." - Nehemiah 4:14
You are 8 times more likely to be killed by a police officer than by a terrorist.

Old 09-12-2011, 04:20 AM   #38

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

I had just gotten off a 12 hour night shift and had a 45 minute drive ahead of me to get home. I had picked up some coffe and a breakfast bisket and was catching a "power nap" in my car in the parking lot of a Wildlife Area near where I work. I was half awake when the radio host started talking about the report of the first plane hitting as if it had been a freak accident. A short time later they siad a second plane had hit, removing any thought of an accident. I was wide awake at that point and hurried home so I could watch the news. It was a life changing day.

Old 09-12-2011, 04:30 AM   #39

Liked 253 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 137

I had just finished a 12 hour night shift at the Halifax airport where I was an Aircraft mechanic. Watched everything unfold on CNN. I then got called back to work to help do security sweeps on different aircraft. Removing/opening panels. Inspecting for any abnormalities.

Old 09-12-2011, 05:28 AM   #40

Liked 186 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 185

I was in middle school, reading a book on Rickenbacker, then a teacher runs into the room flips on the tv hangin on the wall to CNN and there it was. Same day I got suspended for a week for fighting.

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED