Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > 60 victims of "knife crime" a day in Britain

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2008, 03:56 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Default 60 victims of "knife crime" a day in Britain

And they don't want to try Midnight Basketball to solve it!

The Telegraph reports that approximately sixty people a day are victims of knife crime. It's unknown how the knives commit the crimes, but we can be assured the NuLabor government will stop at nothing to keep these evil knives off the streets.

Of course in reality, crimes committed with knives are rising throughout the UK and as usual, their bright idea is to ban them. "Dominic Grieve, the shadow home secretary, said: 'Most people will be shocked to find that knife crime has reached 20,000 cases a year. This illustrates the need to get police back on our streets by cutting the bureaucratic burden on them. There should be a presumption to imprison those caught with knives in excess of three inches in length without reasonable justification.'" As with our own politicians who love banning, but not self defense, these proposals are a waste of time. What constitutes "reasonable justification"? Probably nothing to those in power.

All their great ideas are not going to work. As long as the public isn't allowed to defend themselves in Britain, crime will continue to rise. When the perpetrators of criminal acts aren't punished, but those who resist them are, you're setting up society to be the prey of those who have no qualms about employing violence to get their way.

Sadly for us in America, many of our leading lights would also react the same way. Fortunately, the Supreme Court has ruled otherwise. Now all we have to do is to get that ruling incorporated so it's binding on all governments in this country.

9x18=Makarov

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-13-2008, 04:56 AM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

You are absolutely right that we are fortunate the Supreme Court took a courageous and historic stand with Heller vs. DC. But the current regime is waning quickly and who knows wtf will happen come next January. As such, it is imperative that Obama be denied the general election...regardless of what anyone feels about McCain. IMHO.

Old 07-13-2008, 10:22 AM   #3
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

This knife-banning policy is brought to you by the same brain-donors who gave us Lord Phillips, most-senior judge in Great Britain, and Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams who say Shari'a (Islamic) law is a good idea for Muslims living in the U.K.

The more you read and see going on in Europe, the more it becomes clear that Mark Steyn was right.

Old 07-13-2008, 12:33 PM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayettedave View Post
You are absolutely right that we are fortunate the Supreme Court took a courageous and historic stand with Heller vs. DC. But the current regime is waning quickly and who knows wtf will happen come next January. As such, it is imperative that Obama be denied the general election...regardless of what anyone feels about McCain. IMHO.
Good luck with that Fayettedave - according to a few out here, McCain is a "an anti-gun Liberal' and worse than Obama....I hope they are ready to give up their AK's and AR's and use the money they get when they have to sell the rest of their guns to pay "reparations"....
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 07-13-2008, 02:14 PM   #5

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post

The more you read and see going on in Europe, the more it becomes clear that Mark Steyn was right.

Sounds like an interesting read. I ordered it up for the Kindle this morning and will look through the first few pages over breakfast.

Thanks for the heads up bkt!

JD

Old 07-14-2008, 02:23 AM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Hey RL357 MAG , I don't disagree with you at all. In fact, based on your last post, I agree with you totally. My only problem is that I've got to vote for someone and, not wanting to hijack this thread or beat the death out of the horse that was another thread, I think we are faced with a NASTY choice this November. Either Obama or JohnnyMc, or, I'm sorry to say it because it while philosophically I back him (forget the fact that he was my local representative once upon a time) Bob Barr. But let's get real; Barr is saddled with the same problems that all 3rd party nominees in US history have been encumbered with - being marginalized at the polls. So, while in a perfect world McCain would not even be a blip on my radar screen - in the reality of what I think we are going to be faced with this November I can’t think of a more pragmatic click on my ballot sheet (please see me pinching my nose).

Old 07-14-2008, 10:22 PM   #7

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayettedave View Post
Hey RL357 MAG , I don't disagree with you at all. In fact, based on your last post, I agree with you totally. My only problem is that I've got to vote for someone and, not wanting to hijack this thread or beat the death out of the horse that was another thread, I think we are faced with a NASTY choice this November. Either Obama or JohnnyMc, or, I'm sorry to say it because it while philosophically I back him (forget the fact that he was my local representative once upon a time) Bob Barr. But let's get real; Barr is saddled with the same problems that all 3rd party nominees in US history have been encumbered with - being marginalized at the polls. So, while in a perfect world McCain would not even be a blip on my radar screen - in the reality of what I think we are going to be faced with this November I can’t think of a more pragmatic click on my ballot sheet (please see me pinching my nose).
Exactly the way I feel. If Barr had a chance of winning instead of pulling votes away and guaranteeing an Obama victory, I would vote for him.
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"