55 men - Page 13
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > 55 men

View Poll Results: Would our Founding Fathers revolt against our current government?
Yes 35 85.37%
No 6 14.63%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2008, 09:51 AM   #121
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
I think when they see marshall law declared, they will have a very rude awakening. They will be wetting their pants no doubt, but as far as disarming or shooting anyone, you can't do that without a gun, and luckily the Liberals won't be armed...
No, I get you. What I meant was they'll be unarmed and they'll be fine with that. Instead, they will predictably turn to some "authority" figure from the government, whether it's local cops or the Guard for instructions, food, shelter, protection, etc.

Old 06-03-2008, 06:49 PM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
No, I get you. What I meant was they'll be unarmed and they'll be fine with that. Instead, they will predictably turn to some "authority" figure from the government, whether it's local cops or the Guard for instructions, food, shelter, protection, etc.
By the time they realize they have a banana in their tailpipes. The government will already have too much power or will collapse and these so******tic liberal punks will be up a creek without a paddle.

Liberals And Moderates Hate Me!!

Just remember, Hitler gave great speeches too.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:09 PM   #123

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:

Oh I would agree with that 100% - people who have never had to rely on themselves or their abilities, or have not developed the ability to think or do for themselves, or live self-sufficiently will be in deep trouble.
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 06-06-2008, 02:36 PM   #124

The problem with always giving a man a fish is that man never learns to fish nor does he want to.

Liberals And Moderates Hate Me!!

Just remember, Hitler gave great speeches too.

Old 06-07-2008, 07:57 PM   #125

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jables View Post
The problem with always giving a man a fish is that man never learns to fish nor does he want to.
If and when the SHTF I don't think I'll have too much compassion for the people that allowed it to get to this point - paybacks' a bitch...let them get their own fish...

Old 06-07-2008, 11:10 PM   #126
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
If and when the SHTF I don't think I'll have too much compassion for the people that allowed it to get to this point - paybacks' a bitch...let them get their own fish...
Yes, exactly right. I'm not stockpiling ammo so I can take on the Marines. It's the people who didn't do a bang-up job preparing I'd be concerned about.

Old 06-08-2008, 01:43 PM   #127

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Yes, exactly right. I'm not stockpiling ammo so I can take on the Marines. It's the people who didn't do a bang-up job preparing I'd be concerned about.

If the SHTF there's only one person to be concerned about - YOU, and maybe a few like-minded friends. I won't be sitting around a campfire singing Kumbaya and sharing marshmallows with the anti's with the 1000yd. stare.

Old 06-10-2008, 08:53 AM   #128

Default Police state....it is already here

I bought a premier issue of a gun magazine a few months ago solely for what was on it's cover.

Three cops all dressed in black, with assault weapons locked and loaded, body armor, full auto weaponry, extra magazines, backup snipers in the lurches. AND NOT ONE BADGE IN SIGHT!

This is the current view of cops now and if you ask these arrogant SOBs, they know they are above the law and look at us gun owners as the enemy.

TERRORISM is the new buzzword they use to lock up anyone when they cannot find any other charge. I KNOW... I was locked up for six weeks in Louisiana on the charge of TERRORISM because they could not find anything else to bust me for. MY car was towed and I was charged $35 a day X six weeks to get it out. I had NO criminal history and during the entire time in jail NO ONE asked my side of what happened. I had no legal help whatsoever even though I was assigned a public defender.

I was stripped naked and had to sleep in raw sewage and eat two sandwiches and 16 ounces of water a day for six days in "the hole" when I asked to see a doctor for the damage it was doing to my VA rated psychological condition.

The DA dropped all charges, but the town it happened in charged me with disturbing the peace. I plead guilty to that just so I could get out of jail and get back to Nebraska and fight it. Turns out because I DID plead gulity to something, I could not fight this blatant abuse of authority and of my civil rights.

I later found out cops get credit for the number of ARRESTS they make, not convictions! So their attitude is arrest every body for anything and their record makes them look like a good cop and they make their stripes and get promoted. If it all gets dropped later, so what, they got credit for the arrest, and that is all that counts. Forget about the damage it does to innocent people. TERRORISM is a great charge to slap on you to make their quota for the 50,000 bond and the vagueness of the charge.

I lost my new job, my car, all of my houshold goods in my apartment because the jailers would not let me pay my rent.

Look it up. That is the one felony charge they can bring against you when you have done nothing wrong and they cannot trump up an excuse.

That happened just last year dear friends. The psychological damage they did is still with me.

No my friends, the POLICE STATE is already here. The principles I so much still believe in died under the guise of fighting " TERRORISM ". I spent the most part on my military career fighting terrorism only to later be accused of being one. THIS COUNTRY IS BROKEN MY FRIENDS. The secret police are already here and they are not secret at all. They come at you clad head to toe in black, faces covered, no visible badge, and trained to pull the trigger more often than not. You will be locked away with no one at all interested in the truth and never asked your side of what happened. If the surveilence video proves you right, then it will be made to " disappear ". Witnesses will give false official statements, and you are not allowed to challenge them.

So here I sit in my little house up here in Nebraska, afraid to venture very far from my door because of what I know to be true with what happened to me down there in Louisianna. THEY WON! They did succeed in making me a prisoner in my home permanently scarred for life. I just hope one day to find some peace and rest before I die.

Your friend, David

Last edited by bluesteel762x51; 06-10-2008 at 09:12 AM.

Old 06-10-2008, 09:30 AM   #129

Thank you for relating your experiences, and of course it would not be for me to comment as I am not acquainted with all the circumstances of your case, but clearly your post it appears that this experience has effected you and not just at a financial or material level....it is sad that this should happen in the US, I have heard of similar incidents which one can easily dismiss, but I would be extemely concerned about civil rights and liberties in the 'Home of the Brave'.

Leaving aside the utter rubbish and ultra right wing nonsense on this particular thread by people who clearly haven't got a clue, advocating stockpipling ammunition to take on US Marines...oohh I'm not going there it's juvenile, but I genuinely hope that you can find closure in some way and try to move on. I understand it's easy for someone to comment who had never been in that position, particulary in view of the fact that both good medical services and legal representation is based on your cash and plastic card...... However I do wish the best for you and your family in the future..............

As for the rest of you I would not have put another post on this particular thread, I would rather let you get on with it, but I decided to write due to the content of the post by David......................

Old 06-10-2008, 09:49 AM   #130

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesteel762x51 View Post
No my friends, the POLICE STATE is already here. The principles I so much still believe in died under the guise of fighting " TERRORISM ". I spent the most part on my military career fighting terrorism only to later be accused of being one. THIS COUNTRY IS BROKEN MY FRIENDS. The secret police are already here and they are not secret at all. They come at you clad head to toe in black, faces covered, no visible badge, and trained to pull the trigger more often than not. You will be locked away with no one at all interested in the truth and never asked your side of what happened.
That is interesting... we were talking about this a while ago... how would the gov't handle situations.... first, they would more than likely round up dangerous individuals. Easily done through databases... Unless you hit the black market, databases keep track of all purchases, even when you don't think they do.

And the terrorists in cuba are really funny until you find yourself or a close family member in a similar situation... four years without a trial? You would be ready to go to war. ALL Americans should be protesting GITMO. But no, we think it is ok... it is not us... it is our gov't against the bad guys. Sht if I go missing tomorrow while going to the store, I'm the guy that skipped out on his family. Happens all the time. I could die in GITMO and no one would ever know.

And I've watched this "terrorism" stuff unfold. Worried about liberals? lol... Right.... Our rights have been trampled upon and liberals are fighting for your rights. Well, liberals are mad because they are not in control of this latest attack on the American public. But we like to pretend that a republican is better or a democrat is better. Both parties will sell your gun rights up a river... that is where we are at in this election... a very dangerous place.

Put the beer or soda down and ask what has bush done for our gun rights in 8 years? Not sign a law? I could be wrong, but I've not seen bush push any major new laws helping us (gun owners).

I get a kick when I hear this left and right... liberal vs. conservative.... we are in dire straits this year and the years to come no matter who is in office. McCain's boyfriend happens to be a Democrat... although, he hides under some 3rd party banner now... still a Democrat.

I'm suspect on the rise in ammunition. Six months ago my ammo was $15.56 without taxes... now $26 without taxes. Same ammo, same store, same everything. Over 65% increase.... odd.

Last edited by jtmat; 06-10-2008 at 09:57 AM.