Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > 55 men

View Poll Results: Would our Founding Fathers revolt against our current government?
Yes 35 85.37%
No 6 14.63%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2008, 08:46 PM   #111
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jables View Post
We could make a compound, but some Attorney General with inferiority complex comes in to try to invade. We need to get about 4000 acres and divide it up between God fearing gun loving people.
It becomes a "compound" when we either 1) Introduce religious overtones 2) refuse to leave and refuse others the chance to leave or 3) Have kids in the mix that can be exploited to the media as being abused.

Now, if this was a SHTF scenario, I don't think we have a problem since everyone will be out for themselves.

However, in normal, modern life I don't know if I would like to be in that environment to be honest. You risk attracting some of the fringe weirdos out there that are looking for a shoot out with the feds. I can personally do without being on the receiving end of another Ruby Ridge because someone got a wild hair up their behind....

JD

Old 05-29-2008, 09:49 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
It becomes a "compound" when we either 1) Introduce religious overtones 2) refuse to leave and refuse others the chance to leave or 3) Have kids in the mix that can be exploited to the media as being abused.

Now, if this was a SHTF scenario, I don't think we have a problem since everyone will be out for themselves.

However, in normal, modern life I don't know if I would like to be in that environment to be honest. You risk attracting some of the fringe weirdos out there that are looking for a shoot out with the feds. I can personally do without being on the receiving end of another Ruby Ridge because someone got a wild hair up their behind....

JD
Oh com'on. You know you want to sit around a campfire and sing Kumbaya.

Liberals And Moderates Hate Me!!

Just remember, Hitler gave great speeches too.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:19 PM   #113

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
I buy the land either directly adjacent or behind RL357 - Work with him on cleaning avenues of fire, approach and evac should the hordes be too overwhelming.

JD
You're in luck JD - the property across the street is for sale - 35 acres for $77K And I'll even throw in range-rights to my Rifle Ranges!
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 05-29-2008, 10:21 PM   #114

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
We could make a compound, but some Attorney General with inferiority complex comes in to try to invade. We need to get about 4000 acres and divide it up between God fearing gun loving people.

Now THAT'S an idea I would be willing to invest in! Like out in Wyoming, Montanna, Idaho, or someplace that's friendly to the 'gun" culture..

Old 05-29-2008, 10:23 PM   #115

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Oh com'on. You know you want to sit around a campfire and sing Kumbaya.
LMAO!!! Kumbaya? "Hey, pass me a friggiin' marshmallow and another clip"

Last edited by RL357Mag; 05-29-2008 at 10:30 PM.

Old 06-02-2008, 08:14 AM   #116

This thread brings back memories from playing the game, Turning Point: Fall of Liberty. In the opening scenes when America first comes under attack and all of the citizens around you all ban together to fight as one. Sent shivers down my spine.

I know its not the exact same scenerio as described in this thread, but it reminded me of it.

Old 06-02-2008, 05:28 PM   #117

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance_P View Post
This thread brings back memories from playing the game, Turning Point: Fall of Liberty. In the opening scenes when America first comes under attack and all of the citizens around you all ban together to fight as one. Sent shivers down my spine.

I know its not the exact same scenerio as described in this thread, but it reminded me of it.
Unfortunately in this day and age I don't think all the citizens will band together...many of the anti-gun crowd will suddenly have a very different view on firearms however..

Old 06-02-2008, 10:01 PM   #118
bkt

Liked 1303 Times on 662 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
Unfortunately in this day and age I don't think all the citizens will band together...many of the anti-gun crowd will suddenly have a very different view on firearms however..
Do you think so? I'm pretty convinced the anti-gun nutcakes I know would wet themselves then cower at the feet of the nearest National Guard member demanding that he/she disarm or shoot those "crazy gun nut people".

Old 06-03-2008, 12:48 AM   #119

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
Do you think so? I'm pretty convinced the anti-gun nutcakes I know would wet themselves then cower at the feet of the nearest National Guard member demanding that he/she disarm or shoot those "crazy gun nut people".
I think when they see marshall law declared, they will have a very rude awakening. They will be wetting their pants no doubt, but as far as disarming or shooting anyone, you can't do that without a gun, and luckily the Liberals won't be armed...

Old 06-03-2008, 02:49 AM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
I think when they see marshall law declared, they will have a very rude awakening. They will be wetting their pants no doubt, but as far as disarming or shooting anyone, you can't do that without a gun, and luckily the Liberals won't be armed...
HA! That's funny right there, I don't care who you are.

Yeah, the freedom and liberty loving Americans should have little to worry about in the way of "will I be able to defend myself?" The rest of us however...well I am not sure how they would react. Perhaps some will open their eyes and become gun lovers right away, some will become that way when they realize that guns have been needed all along and perhaps if ALL law abiding citizens had them to begin with, maybe the SHTF would never have happened to begin with.
Some will still continue to hate their own right to defend themselves and their families. This group will more than likely be "rounded up" by the U.S. military, probably end up in a "camp" somewhere. This camp will of course be deplorable and nearly uninhabitable. Others may try to band together with those who already have guns and ammo so that they feel safer....who knows. I for one do NOT want to find out any time soon, or at all for that matter.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Last edited by painted_klown; 06-03-2008 at 02:53 AM.