500 Yutes Go Wilding in Chicago Miracle Mile - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > 500 Yutes Go Wilding in Chicago Miracle Mile

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 11:34 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 955 Times on 582 Posts
Likes Given: 386

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattShlock
Actually, I knew a guy who was being nabbed at a beach in New York for something like drinking in public or cutting school, whatever, but he scared the mounted cop's horse, it threw him, and he got away!
I've seen those wrappers that make a beer look like a coke...maybe a rubber snake was involved as well....

If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It

Old 04-01-2013, 11:40 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 135 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJG67 View Post
Sorry - Chi-town area is home, and it really is a great city. Hate to see it being bashed because of some idiots and the lack of politicians to address it correctly.

Can't put all the blame on the CPD. They have their own internal issues, and are understaffed and out-gunned. There isn't a local police force in the States that could handle a flash mob of 500 people instantaneously without shooting or tear gassing everyone. Overall it looks like it was handled as peacefully as possible with minimal injuries.

Saying you don’t want to visit or work in Chicago now is like saying you won’t go to a movie in Aurora, CO or send your kids to school in Newtown, NT anymore. Crime is everywhere. With the amount of people living , working and visiting the downtown/Mag Mile area and museum campus/Grant Park area, the violent crime that actually takes place per population density I think is fairly low.

Like any big city especially, you have to be aware of your surroundings and keep your guard up. Criminals walk among us every day and we’re not aware of it. We just try not to make ourselves easy victims, no matter what city we’re in.
Big blues fan. Chicago is my second favorite city. Always been a little dangerous but now it seems to be on the verge of anarchy and "the creepy balerina" mayor clearly wants it that way.

Old 04-02-2013, 01:55 AM   #23
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8269 Times on 4778 Posts
Likes Given: 10693

Several times a year I work in San Francisco from around 7 PM until 2 or 3 AM and I have only once seen a violent crime in the process of going down. It was an attempted rape right there on United Nations Plaza (Oh! The irony!). I was with my crew of three men, we went over with some metal pipes and put a stop to it. Unfortunately that was all we could do and the guy got away. But at lease we put a stop to it.

Point being, not all big cities are as violent. Granted, mine is but the experience of one guy, and I have seen plenty of drug use and even had a guy ask me if I wanted to buy some crack (I told him to get the fugg out of my face before I got out of my truck and beat him to death- he apologized and left as I started to open the door.) There is more deviant behavior than I can begin to describe, but not a lot of violence.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.