Alright, let me be the first jerk to point out some obvious problems here.
My condolences. This lady has lost not one, but two grandsons this year.
"They've got to get these guns out of young people's hands," Monroe said, quietly crying.
1) Who are "they"?? Exactly? Because one would think responsible parents would know what their kid was up too and if he was getting in trouble, they would do something about it.
2) If they are "young people" they are not supposed to be running around the streets with an easily to conceal weapon like a pistol (subjective - see next post)
3) If the kid was running around the street with a legal rifle at the age of 18, see point one above.
Damn right Chicago is a warzone, it just happens to be one that we own. It should be dealt with accordingly.
1) Stop parole of any kind for violent felons.
2) When you violate parole on any crime, you go back inside for the full sentence.
3) When you get a death penalty, it means a death penalty. Needle time big man, you were man enough to do the crime, so let's see that arm.
4) 3 Strikes? How about we pre-date that to include juevy in the case of violent crimes? And when you reach that 3rd strike? You are done done, see needle time above.
Gaurantee the problem will be negated within one generation.