Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > 41 People Taken Hostage in Binghamton, N.Y

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2009, 09:17 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Default Rant

This is how Reuters chose to end their report on this tragedy that is currently posted on the web:

"There are been several mass shootings in recent years in the United States, where guns are widely available for purchase and the right to own weapons is enshrined in the Constitution.

Last month, a man killed 10 people, many of them family members, in a shooting rampage in Alabama.

On April 16, 2007, Virginia Tech, a university in Blacksburg, Virginia, became the site of the deadliest shooting rampage in modern U.S. history when a student gunman killed 32 people and himself."

I know. I know. I know. Nothing new with this, but I think that regardless of how mind-numbing and maddening it is to read this kind of stuff its important to be aware of HOW the enemy places events like this in context every time something like this happens.

Sorry, but I have two kids, 14 and 13 years of age, and showing them how propaganda is employed is just as important to their education as math, science and proper firearms training is.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:16 PM   #12

there is a way more capital punishment less gun control make crimanals pay not law abidding gun owners

Old 04-03-2009, 10:50 PM   #13

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayettedave View Post

Sorry, but I have two kids, 14 and 13 years of age, and showing them how propaganda is employed is just as important to their education as math, science and proper firearms training is.
No reason to be sorry Dave, you actually just secured my vote for Head of Education in the New States of America.

Although I would suggest a healthy dose of History and Firearms Tech being added to the curriculum.

JD

Old 04-03-2009, 11:28 PM   #14

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Although I would suggest a healthy dose of History and Firearms Tech being added to the curriculum. JD
That goes without saying!

...and it sure would be a pleasure to construct an honest and meaningful secondary school curriculum to undo the 3+ decades of social engineering and brainwashing that has passed for public schooliing in this country.

Its time to take OUR COUNTRY BACK folks!

Old 04-03-2009, 11:49 PM   #15

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
That goes without saying!
I knew I liked this guy.

All in favor of FayetteDave as new Head of Education for the New Free States of America??

JD

Old 04-04-2009, 03:58 AM   #16

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 19

The latest on the shooter is that he was vietnamese and was to attend a citizenship class at the scene today. He had recently been laid off from IBM.
They state that he was armed with a large flashlight, a hunting knife and "Two heavy caliber automatic handguns".

"Tolerance is the Virtue of a man without Convictions" G. K. Chesterton

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Considering the fact that the victim is the first one at the scene of a violent crime, I believe all law abiding citizens should be armed.

"Fast is fine, Accurate is final." - Wyatt Earp

Old 04-04-2009, 05:42 AM   #17

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
This is how Reuters chose to end their report on this tragedy that is currently posted on the web:

"There are been several mass shootings in recent years in the United States, where guns are widely available for purchase and the right to own weapons is enshrined in the Constitution.

Last month, a man killed 10 people, many of them family members, in a shooting rampage in Alabama.

On April 16, 2007, Virginia Tech, a university in Blacksburg, Virginia, became the site of the deadliest shooting rampage in modern U.S. history when a student gunman killed 32 people and himself."

I saw this, too. One one side, they are simply reporting facts, but they sure did pepper it with some anti-firearm bias...

This is going to hurt our stand for the second amendment. I feel so sorry for those people who went through this and those who didn't make it through this.

Unfortunately, banning firearms won't solve this problem. Look at Israel and the guy who killed a teenager and wounded a child with a pick axe recently. That wasn't a gun, yet he still killed and he even got away!

Old 04-04-2009, 03:27 PM   #18

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Very sad. Too bad this didn't happen in a state with strict gun control laws. Only by restricting the purchase of such evil things can we prevent tragedies like this from occurring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopkick View Post
The latest on the shooter is that he was vietnamese and was to attend a citizenship class at the scene today. He had recently been laid off from IBM.
They state that he was armed with a large flashlight, a hunting knife and "Two heavy caliber automatic handguns".

A. What the hell is a heavy caliber automatic handgun?
B. Where could I purchase one in southern kommifornia cause that sounds like fun.
And C. Every initial report I heard on this said he was carrying "one or more assault rifles" which he then took his own life with. How in the hell do you take your own life with an "assault rifle" unless your arms are four and a half feet long? I hate the msm

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Old 04-04-2009, 04:27 PM   #19

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Voong (40) was the shooter, had two permits issued in 1996 and 1997 for the pistols used in the attack. Still no indication whether he was a citizen of the US. He apparently was distraught over being made fun of because he could not speak english.

Old 04-04-2009, 07:44 PM   #20

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs887 View Post
...Every initial report I heard on this said he was carrying "one or more assault rifles" which he then took his own life with...
The average person will always jump to the "assault rifle" conclusion when they hear rapid fire. It is sad to think that people are looking at a specific firearm as the cause of these problems. In fact, it is the person behind the firearm.

A ban on all semi-auto firearms still won't stop multiple victim killings. The Austin clock tower sniper proved that decades ago with a Remington 700 bolt action rifle. Heck, Japan had a multiple killing rampage with a car and sword...