Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   ??a 40 million buck bullet??? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/40-million-buck-bullet-3400/)

fluffo63 02-22-2008 12:23 AM

??a 40 million buck bullet???

..WOW.the news was abit shocking this evening,when the Pentagon
fired and blasted the meterite or what-ever it was,the misile cost
$$$$$$40.million$$$$heck i cant even spell that much...LOL:confused:

bkt 02-22-2008 01:04 AM

Well, if you've got a cheaper bullet that can hit and totally destroy a bus-size target dead on 130 miles straight up that is moving 17,000 miles an hour, then the Pentagon wants to hear from you. :D

Samhain 02-22-2008 01:40 AM

That was amazing, hitting a bus sized target in outer space from the ocean.
and I get jazzed when I hit a bulls eye on a paper target from 25 feet.

GlenJohnson 02-22-2008 01:45 AM

I loved the part when I heard that China and the other countries didn't like it. Guess what, try and mess with us, we just showed you what we can do. :D

fluffo63 02-22-2008 02:21 AM

ok,,

..maybe they will call me the next time..i was not crying
it was just shocking that just one cost $40.million:D

Duck 02-22-2008 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlenJohnson (Post 17066)
I loved the part when I heard that China and the other countries didn't like it. Guess what, try and mess with us, we just showed you what we can do. :D

China just shot down one of their own weather satellites not too long ago.

cpttango30 02-22-2008 03:26 PM

I personaly think that the satalite posed no real threat to anyone on land. The Pentagon just wanted to say look at us we can shoot down a tweety bird in space from the ocean DO NOT PISS US OFF....

We think that the satalite is a rather large target. They keep saying this thing is the size of a school bus. Yet if you look at the size of the sky this is just a speck of sand on the ocean floor if you really think about it.

matt g 02-23-2008 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpttango30 (Post 17108)
I personaly think that the satalite posed no real threat to anyone on land. The Pentagon just wanted to say look at us we can shoot down a tweety bird in space from the ocean DO NOT PISS US OFF....

We think that the satalite is a rather large target. They keep saying this thing is the size of a school bus. Yet if you look at the size of the sky this is just a speck of sand on the ocean floor if you really think about it.

I'm with you there. I think it mostly penis waving at China, just so we coould show them that we have the capability with off the shelf defense products.

"Congrats on your accomplishments in anti-satellite warfare China, nut, we just did it with a missile that was first fielded 6 years ago. Thanks for playing though guys. Oh, did we mention that we can "Babe Ruth" the satellite that we're trying to hit? That's tight bitches, we can shoot parts off with these things, but seriously, congratulations. I'm just sayin'..."

SimonTuffGuy 02-26-2008 12:44 AM

Man - I shoot like 6 of them a day. That's nothing. ;)