3 to 4.3 Billion Barrels of Oil in the Bakken Formation
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > 3 to 4.3 Billion Barrels of Oil in the Bakken Formation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2009, 12:30 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Default 3 to 4.3 Billion Barrels of Oil in the Bakken Formation

I was emailed some interesting info, and did some research to see if it was real or not. It seems too good to be true. I don't know if this is old news, but its new to me.

USGS Release: 3 to 4.3 Billion Barrels of Technically Recoverable Oil Assessed in North Dakota and Montana’s Bakken Formation—25 Times More Than 1995 Estimate

http://pubs.usgs.gov/fs/2008/3021/pdf/FS08-3021_508.pdf

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-07-2009, 12:49 AM   #2

Don't get excited, Obama and the Democrats in Congress want you to pay more for gas so by God there will be no drilling. But there will be no coal, no shale oil, no nuclear either so oil isn't being picked on. If we can't do it with wind and solar we ain't gonna do it.

Welcome to the new America, land of shortages, taxes and high prices --- so pony up at the pump (and everywhere else) get over it.

/sarc

---------------------------
John - Miami
KJ4NSE
Member NRA | GCO | GOA | SAF | GCA | ARRL
Why would God invent a thing like Whiskey? To keep the Irish from ruling the world of course.

Last edited by johnsteele; 03-07-2009 at 12:54 AM.

Old 03-07-2009, 01:49 AM   #3

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Why are liberals so intent on self-extinction. They must have found a loophole in the the "Survival of the Fittest" theory. We should be drilling it and selling it so we can pay off some of our debt so we don't become China Jr. I'm not upset about paying extra for gas. It doesn't bother me as long as it is under $2.00/gallon.

I'm closing my eyes until 2012. Is it over yet?

I'm now taking bets that by the end of Nobamas term in office, he will tax gasoline powered vehicles. Any takers?

Last edited by dnthmn2004; 03-07-2009 at 01:53 AM.

Old 03-07-2009, 02:55 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthmn2004 View Post
Why are liberals so intent on self-extinction. They must have found a loophole in the the "Survival of the Fittest" theory. We should be drilling it and selling it so we can pay off some of our debt so we don't become China Jr. I'm not upset about paying extra for gas. It doesn't bother me as long as it is under $2.00/gallon.

I'm closing my eyes until 2012. Is it over yet?

I'm now taking bets that by the end of Nobamas term in office, he will tax gasoline powered vehicles. Any takers?
It'll be worse that that. His carbon cap and trade BS (to fight the imaginary Gorebal Warming) will add a tax on every kind of fossil fuel energy --- and the energy producers will pass it along to the consumer like always. Everything in America, food, fuel, electricity, clothing, you name it, will be more expensive, lots more expensive.

The administration has driven a stake into the Yucca Mountain nuclear waste disposal/storage facility so there will be no new nuclear plants and the current 120 will have to close when they reach the end of their useful life. He's already said they will bankrupt any energy company that tries to build a coal fired plant. The won't allow drilling for oil or natural gas, and they won't allow extraction of oil shales. No one will build a new hydroelectic plant because a) there aren't many suitable rivers left and B) the enviros won;t let anyone dam a river. That leaves geothermal (but I'm willing to bet getting permits to build one will be blocked by the enviros and the EPA) solar and wind. You can't cover enough of America with solar plants or wind turbines to produce enough energy to run a modern civilization.

Between food and fuel shortages, power blackouts, taxes, etc., America will be a third world country.

---------------------------
John - Miami
KJ4NSE
Member NRA | GCO | GOA | SAF | GCA | ARRL
Why would God invent a thing like Whiskey? To keep the Irish from ruling the world of course.

Old 03-07-2009, 09:12 AM   #5

What happened to the days of approaching a land owner, negotiating a price to use his land (in this case for the purposes of setting up derricks) and then going to work?