Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > 240 year old machine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2013, 04:53 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1691 Times on 1088 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Ok Sbeezy, I watched about four seconds of that. All's I have to say is..you won't know when, you won't know where, you may not even remember why but I'll get you back k for that.

Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
You do the math.

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 10-03-2013, 06:19 AM   #12

Liked 195 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatme98
Ok Sbeezy, I watched about four seconds of that. All's I have to say is..you won't know when, you won't know where, you may not even remember why but I'll get you back k for that.
Hahahah sorry thats just the first thing that came to mind. I'm also gonna go out on a brittle limb and say you've probably never watched Stephen King's "It". Now I remember seeing part of that when I was about 7 years old and it took me a while (years) to be okay with clowns again. I mean to the point that I was worried that a circus would come through town with clowns, even though I had never seen a circus before. We're cool now though.

Glad you enjoyed your present

Old 10-03-2013, 09:54 AM   #13
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5497 Times on 2716 Posts
Likes Given: 5836

That is truly amazing. Like you said, tens of thousands of hours sitting in a very small spot carving the tiny little cams and actuators would drive most people batty! Folks think the engineers at Apple and Sony are the most brilliant ever, truth is, they take a thousand people to design a device with the highest tech machinery ever imagined, this guy built this with a tool pouch smaller than my granddaughters backpack, all by himself, 250 years later, its still working.

Another irony is the Apple or PC product is always defective out of the box, they sell it knowing its got issues then fix it on day 2. I bet the guy who made this didnt show it to a soul until the day it worked perfectly, then the wows of amazement were worth the wait.