Which .22 for the girlfriend? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Which .22 for the girlfriend?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2011, 07:48 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

The thread below covered the subject. A lot of the recommendations were above $200, so think "used" when looking over this recent thread.

IMHO, you'd be ahead to buy her something soft and girly/womanly, and then buy yourself the 22 LR and let her shoot it.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/any-recommendations-first-22-rifle-52762/

Old 12-07-2011, 08:17 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 357 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Jeep I see where your conning from here, but she isn't a girly kind of girl. She's Actualy a lot like me and she likes the look of tactical fire arms and not the pinky stock ones.

So it actually works out pretty well with us liking the same things.

Old 12-07-2011, 09:12 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

]Jeep I see where your conning from here, but she isn't a girly kind of girl. She's Actualy a lot like me and she likes the look of tactical fire arms and not the pinky stock ones.

So it actually works out pretty well with us liking the same things.

edit also I already looked at the thread, just figured I'd be able to get a little more information if I made one to do more with what I'm looking for.

Old 12-07-2011, 11:25 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2309 Times on 1260 Posts
Likes Given: 3626

Buy the lady a Ruger 10/.22 carbine.

Old 12-07-2011, 11:43 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Alsaqr, if it was for me I would save th money for one since I'm a fan of the 10/22 but since it's for my girl, she's a fan of bolt actions
And this is my last pay before the 24th when damn near everything is closed in my area, I'm going to stick with the XT-22R. Maybe after I manage to save up some money I'll buy her a nice center fire bolt or a 10/22.

Old 12-07-2011, 11:52 PM   #26

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido
Alsaqr, if it was for me I would save th money for one since I'm a fan of the 10/22 but since it's for my girl, she's a fan of bolt actions
And this is my last pay before the 24th when damn near everything is closed in my area, I'm going to stick with the XT-22R. Maybe after I manage to save up some money I'll buy her a nice center fire bolt or a 10/22.
You wont regret that decision mon ami

Old 12-08-2011, 06:23 AM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman

You wont regret that decision mon ami

I'm not thinking I will at all.
Worse come to worse is that she doesn't like either firearm I buy for her and I end up using them, so I'm not really losing any money at all really. Sadly id just be losing a shooting buddy.

Old 12-08-2011, 02:43 PM   #28
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22027 Times on 12418 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido View Post
I'm not thinking I will at all.
Worse come to worse is that she doesn't like either firearm I buy for her and I end up using them, so I'm not really losing any money at all really. Sadly id just be losing a shooting buddy.
kaido, IMO, if she likes bolt action rifles and you are thinking of buying the XT-22, i don't think it will be the wrong choice. i'mthinking she will be very happy with it and both of you will have a good time shooting it. just a word of advice, try out as many types of ammo as possible, because some ammo will be more accurate than others and you will just have to try out different ones until you find what ammo it likes best.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:10 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

kaido, IMO, if she likes bolt action rifles and you are thinking of buying the XT-22, i don't think it will be the wrong choice. i'mthinking she will be very happy with it and both of you will have a good time shooting it. just a word of advice, try out as many types of ammo as possible, because some ammo will be more accurate than others and you will just have to try out different ones until you find what ammo it likes best.
Axx that was my plan. I was thinking about buying her a 50 back of CCIs since I always hear they shoot pretty straight. But I'm not sure if you can buy them in bulk or not though.

Only other brands I know of that you can for sure buy in 3-500round packs are the winchesters as well as the federals.
You wouldn't by chance know of any other good .22 rounds would you?

Old 12-08-2011, 08:11 PM   #30

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido

Axx that was my plan. I was thinking about buying her a 50 back of CCIs since I always hear they shoot pretty straight. But I'm not sure if you can buy them in bulk or not though.

Only other brands I know of that you can for sure buy in 3-500round packs are the winchesters as well as the federals.
You wouldn't by chance know of any other good .22 rounds would you?
Blazer, wolf, american eagle. Cci does have a "value" brick also