20ga for duck and turkey - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

20ga for duck and turkey

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2010, 10:23 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

Well, I wonder why they don't limit the cal on long guns but are very specific on pistols? To me, hunting deer with a .22 cal is not only unethical but just plain ridiculous. You must have them teeny tinys in NC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 01-21-2010, 10:27 PM   #12

yes sir! a monster buck in my neck of the woods is around 225+. Biggest i've seen hanging was a whopping 257. This is pre-dressing it btw. I do not hunt deer with a .22 or .22 mag, but i have seen it done a fair amount and i've never seen one kill i would deem unethical. KEEP IN MIND i am one of the biggest animal lovers you will ever know... I get along better with dogs than i do with most people. . . Now i've lived in colorado, and theres a big difference between those massive halfbreed moose that they call mule deer and the fluffy little white tails we have bobbing around all over the place here.
"You should see the damage, bronze. Huh? metal damage, brain damage. Heheheh. You listen bronze. I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller! I'm the Nightrider, baby .... .. .
and we ain't never comin' back!"

Old 01-21-2010, 10:37 PM   #13

First, who weighs their deer before field dress? Second, I was born in Colorado and still have plenty of family there. Those mulies there are just about same size as most whitetails we have here in S. Ohio. Even the does here are big, and I've never known anyone who weighs a deer prior to field dress. Seriously, who wants to drag a 200+ pound amimal when they can drag a 160+ pound animal?

Quote:

Old 01-21-2010, 10:57 PM   #14

Anybody can shoot them big deer... takes a good shot to shoot them little deer..

I weight before and after. Biggest Ive shot was a doe in VA, 230 before, lil under 185 after. Smallest was in SC, 57 before, 30 after... Didnt have spots and they are inbred/overpopulated as hell.

Lucky Taurus Owner... 3 out of 3! PT1911/ PT92F/ 44 Raging Bull

Old 01-21-2010, 11:38 PM   #15

everyone i know weighs em before and after... i'd say the average take around here is between 130-175 before you dress it, so it'd not that big of a chore to drag em out.
"You should see the damage, bronze. Huh? metal damage, brain damage. Heheheh. You listen bronze. I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller! I'm the Nightrider, baby .... .. .

Old 01-21-2010, 11:57 PM   #16

What is the purpose of weighing them before? Just wanna know. I don't want to have the innards bleeding inside any longer than needed. But then again, I am a meat eating kind of guy...

Quote:

Old 01-22-2010, 01:38 AM   #17

Oh i love deer meat, its my absolute favorite. Idk, just to know what it weighed i suppose.... plus i always aim for just behind the jaw so not to much of a bid deal when it comes to meat.