2009 Second Amendment Dollar
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > 2009 Second Amendment Dollar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2009, 05:55 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1423 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Default 2009 Second Amendment Dollar

Anyone seen these?

bgs_comp_header.jpg

I don't think they are they for sale other than Bud's, looks like a Bud's revenue generator!

2nd Amendment Dollar

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-11-2009, 06:00 PM   #2

bgs_comp_header.jpg

Wait, is that......a......glock....Sig....H&K.....Beretta?? ???

How silly of me..........it's that antiquated 1911.

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

- orangello

Old 09-11-2009, 06:26 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

What?!? A 1911?! Why would ANYONE like that old stable horse...

JD

Old 09-11-2009, 06:33 PM   #4

That's a cool sales gimmick. Probably made if cheap aluminum though but they still look nice.

Who says you can't get blood from a stone?
It all depends on how hard you hit them with it.

~me~

Old 09-11-2009, 06:48 PM   #5

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

It says $20 on it but you have to pay $22.95 +shipping. Why am I paying $22.95 for a $20 coin?

If it would have been a glock they would have cost $50 because Glock would need to get its $45 for advertising.

Old 09-11-2009, 07:00 PM   #6

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post

If it would have been a glock they would have cost $50 because Glock would need to get its $45 for advertising.
Zing!!

That's one for Tango!

JD

Old 09-11-2009, 09:30 PM   #7
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCubed View Post
That's a cool sales gimmick. Probably made if cheap aluminum though but they still look nice.
I expect it's .999 or at least .900 silver. I don't see that on the coin, however, and I don't buy silver bullion without the weight and purity of the metal.

Cool coin, though.

Old 09-11-2009, 09:33 PM   #8
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
It says $20 on it but you have to pay $22.95 +shipping. Why am I paying $22.95 for a $20 coin?
Spot price as of this moment for an ounce of silver is $16.78. At the place I buy silver from locally, I can probably come away under $20 for an ounce. But it is normal and expected to pay a premium over spot price. $6.17 over spot is a little high, but not outrageous.

Note that you're also paying for the coin itself; it is desirable for more reasons than "it is made of silver".

Old 09-11-2009, 09:40 PM   #9

From Bud's site:

2009 Second Amendment Dollar
One Ounce .999 Fine Silver

Quantity Discount Available*

Since time immemorial, man has had the right of self-preservat*ion. That right, to defend and protect one's life, family and property, was enshrined by the Founding Fathers of the United States in the great Second Amendment to the US Constitution.

Long live the Second Amendment: THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!

Now, the Second Amendment is commemorated in a special $20 Silver Commemorative Dollar dedicated exclusively to that Right. A man's home is his castle. He has an inherent right to protect it and that right shall not be infringed.

BudsGunShop.com, a proud supporter of the Second Amendment, is pleased to offer this 2009 Second Amendment Dollar with volume pricing so everyone can commemorate his and her right to Protect Life.

The $20 Second Amendment Dollar is larger than the old US silver dollar and is specially commemorated with one Troy ounce of pure .999 fine silver. The obverse features Lady Liberty symbolizing American rights she has fought so hard to protect. The reverse features the Second Amendment text and the iconic 1911 hand gun that played a significant role in WWI, WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Wars and is still used today to protect the American way of life. Every Gun Dollar with a MSRP of $20 measures 39mm and is minted in Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition with high relief to exemplify the high ideals of the Second Amendment.

Like the commitment to the values on which our great country was founded, the value of the 2009 Second Amendment Dollar in pure silver will not fade. And with your support, the Right to keep and bear arms will not fade. Long live the Second Amendment!

*ATTENTION:* This is a pre-distribution purchase opportunity, as we will not actually begin shipping the newly minted Gun Dollars until November 1st. Orders will be shipped in the order they are received, regardless of quantities. Year 2009 distribution quantities are limited, so please order early to insure delivery by the holiday season.

Please also note that the rates for the Second Amendment Dollar are based on the price of silver that is constantly changing. In order to provide you with the best possible prices the silver price is automatically updated every 20 minutes while the global silver market is open. All canceled orders will be charged our standard 20% restocking fee.

*** NOTICE: Second Amendment Dollar is not intended to be used as United States currency and any representation as such is strictly prohibited by law.

- orangello

Old 09-12-2009, 06:08 PM   #10

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Great Keepsake! Just Ordered Mine.

"Tolerance is the Virtue of a man without Convictions" G. K. Chesterton

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Considering the fact that the victim is the first one at the scene of a violent crime, I believe all law abiding citizens should be armed.

"Fast is fine, Accurate is final." - Wyatt Earp