20 People You Didn't Know Are Marines
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > 20 People You Didn't Know Are Marines

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2012, 03:14 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1880 Times on 972 Posts
Likes Given: 1424

Default 20 People You Didn't Know Are Marines

I'd guess some of you know some of these, some of you could have guessed others of these, and some of you might be surprised at these others:

20 People You Didn't Know Were (were?) United States Marines

http://www.businessinsider.com/20-people-you-didnt-know-were-united-states-marines-2012-7#

Last edited by Vincine; 07-15-2012 at 06:21 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-14-2012, 07:50 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2741 Times on 1332 Posts
Likes Given: 1393

Vincine

Very interesting! Makes you wonder why in the world Oswald and Right turned out to be such idiots and anti American?

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 07-14-2012, 09:53 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6015 Times on 3149 Posts
Likes Given: 431

the us marine corp is an honorable organization that sometimes has some of the scummiest people as their alumni. it is no reflection on the corps itself when someone as scum sucking as wright, carville and imus go on to be horrendous individuals.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-14-2012, 10:36 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 154 Times on 91 Posts

And the guy that plays gibbs on ncis he was a marine

Old 07-14-2012, 10:50 PM   #5

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody63m View Post
And the guy that plays gibbs on ncis he was a marine
Mark Harmon?

I don't think so. He was the son of a former pro football player and I think his mom was an actress. I know he played football in college for UCLA. He was a hell of a beach volleyball player on the semi pro circuit in California. I believe he has been acting since the early 70's, which was shortly after his college career, so I don't think he had time to serve.

I do know that the Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation did honor him for his positive portrayal as a former marine.

Old 07-15-2012, 01:31 AM   #6
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 154 Times on 91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger

Mark Harmon?

I don't think so. He was the son of a former pro football player and I think his mom was an actress. I know he played football in college for UCLA. He was a hell of a beach volleyball player on the semi pro circuit in California. I believe he has been acting since the early 70's, which was shortly after his college career, so I don't think he had time to serve.

I do know that the Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation did honor him for his positive portrayal as a former marine.
Your right i could have sworn he was though i looked it up i dont remeber where i heard it

Old 07-15-2012, 01:44 AM   #7

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody63m View Post
Your right i could have sworn he was though i looked it up i dont remeber where i heard it
I would have sworn the same thing until about 2 years ago. Someone here had said that no actors in today's hollywood had served, like in the 50's and 60's. Guys like Lee Marvin and Ernest Borgine (RIP).

Someone said that Harmon had and that lead to some facts being outed. That is the only reason I knew.

JD

Old 07-15-2012, 02:59 AM   #8

Liked 1217 Times on 723 Posts
Likes Given: 387

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
the us marine corp is an honorable organization that sometimes has some of the scummiest people as their alumni. it is no reflection on the corps itself when someone as scum sucking as wright, carville and imus go on to be horrendous individuals.
They also have some of the most honorable people on their alumni. Let's not let politics get involved and bring everyone down. The Marines have some great and some not so great individuals on their roster, I would say overall though I would take a random person from their roster over that of most companies.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 07-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #9
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Mark Harmon?

Seems to me it was USC...but yeah, the rest is spot on. Hes was born to money, went to college, played football and acted.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!