Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   20 People You Didn't Know Are Marines (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/20-people-you-didnt-know-marines-68207/)

Vincine 07-14-2012 03:14 PM

20 People You Didn't Know Are Marines

I'd guess some of you know some of these, some of you could have guessed others of these, and some of you might be surprised at these others:

20 People You Didn't Know Were (were?) United States Marines

http://www.businessinsider.com/20-people-you-didnt-know-were-united-states-marines-2012-7#

Sniper03 07-14-2012 07:50 PM

Vincine

Very interesting! Makes you wonder why in the world Oswald and Right turned out to be such idiots and anti American?:rolleyes:

JonM 07-14-2012 09:53 PM

the us marine corp is an honorable organization that sometimes has some of the scummiest people as their alumni. it is no reflection on the corps itself when someone as scum sucking as wright, carville and imus go on to be horrendous individuals.

woody63m 07-14-2012 10:36 PM

And the guy that plays gibbs on ncis he was a marine

Dillinger 07-14-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woody63m (Post 869604)
And the guy that plays gibbs on ncis he was a marine

Mark Harmon?

I don't think so. He was the son of a former pro football player and I think his mom was an actress. I know he played football in college for UCLA. He was a hell of a beach volleyball player on the semi pro circuit in California. I believe he has been acting since the early 70's, which was shortly after his college career, so I don't think he had time to serve.

I do know that the Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation did honor him for his positive portrayal as a former marine.

woody63m 07-15-2012 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger

Mark Harmon?

I don't think so. He was the son of a former pro football player and I think his mom was an actress. I know he played football in college for UCLA. He was a hell of a beach volleyball player on the semi pro circuit in California. I believe he has been acting since the early 70's, which was shortly after his college career, so I don't think he had time to serve.

I do know that the Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation did honor him for his positive portrayal as a former marine.

Your right i could have sworn he was though i looked it up i dont remeber where i heard it

Dillinger 07-15-2012 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woody63m (Post 869754)
Your right i could have sworn he was though i looked it up i dont remeber where i heard it

I would have sworn the same thing until about 2 years ago. Someone here had said that no actors in today's hollywood had served, like in the 50's and 60's. Guys like Lee Marvin and Ernest Borgine (RIP).

Someone said that Harmon had and that lead to some facts being outed. That is the only reason I knew. :o

JD

Yunus 07-15-2012 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 869581)
the us marine corp is an honorable organization that sometimes has some of the scummiest people as their alumni. it is no reflection on the corps itself when someone as scum sucking as wright, carville and imus go on to be horrendous individuals.

They also have some of the most honorable people on their alumni. Let's not let politics get involved and bring everyone down. The Marines have some great and some not so great individuals on their roster, I would say overall though I would take a random person from their roster over that of most companies.

fmj 07-15-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 869626)
Mark Harmon?

Seems to me it was USC...but yeah, the rest is spot on. Hes was born to money, went to college, played football and acted.