Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   2 things did not happen last night (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/2-things-did-not-happen-last-night-80883/)

danf_fl 01-10-2013 10:36 AM

2 things did not happen last night

My beer and truck did not get together for drunk driving.
My guns and ammo did not kill anyone.

HockaLouis 01-10-2013 10:40 AM

Yeah, but only because it wasn't an assault weapon and the ammo wasn't in a high capacity magazine!

c3shooter 01-10-2013 01:08 PM

Actually, when the ammo and magazines are here in Virginia, they are quite well behaved. When you carry them North into DC, they become illegal, evil and harmful.

We think it may be a difference in barometric pressure that does that.

Or an excess of stupid. :rolleyes:

Mosin 01-10-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter
Actually, when the ammo and magazines are here in Virginia, they are quite well behaved. When you carry them North into DC, they become illegal, evil and harmful.

We think it may be a difference in barometric pressure that does that.

Or an excess of stupid. :rolleyes:

I think you've got it wrong. The laws in DC aren't because the guns misbehave themselves in DC, but to keep misbehaved magazines out of DC... I mean, no one would break that law to commit another crime...

winds-of-change 01-10-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 1087799)

*GASP* The same exact thing happens when guns cross the city line and enter into Chicago. I think I'm going to apply for a government grant and do a study as to why that is happening.

HOSSFLY 01-10-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 1087700)
My beer and truck did not get together for drunk driving.
My guns and ammo did not kill anyone.

I'm thinkin 3 things didn't happen :p

c3shooter 01-10-2013 03:51 PM

Winds- I think it is the magnetic field created by the El. If someone were to map where crimes occur in Chicago, and do an overlay of the routes of the El.....:rolleyes:

Trez 01-10-2013 03:58 PM

I guess mine are just old, retired vets... They just relax.... :)

Mosin 01-10-2013 04:30 PM

Well I propose mandatory obedience schools for guns.
Buy a gun and drop it off where the guns are trained for a week, to behave.

fmj 01-10-2013 04:46 PM

This is why i keep my unruly guns locked in a safe. Its gun prison. When they are really bad, i lock them in solitary confinement in the reloading room.

When they have been good for prescribed amount of time they are granted supervised trips to the range for a day of fun and relaxation.

This seems to work well as none of my safes population have been on a murder spree since coming to this house of rehabilitation.

But i must remain ever vigilant.