1st anual FTF intervention!!!!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > 1st anual FTF intervention!!!!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 10:02 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Default 1st anual FTF intervention!!!!

Boy wouldn't that be awesome.

Getting to meat all of the goobers, I mean people on here face to face.

Hang out and shoot s*** all day. Man that would be grate.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-02-2012, 10:20 PM   #2

Liked 788 Times on 616 Posts

anyone around southern mo. is free to meet at my place. i wish the mods and staff could somehow come to an agreement as to how someone like me who just happens to have a fully functioning range in his back yard can invite people to come without getting booted off the website, id open it up for any and all cyber posters to shoot.

Retired Naval Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
Contact Man for the FTF Shotgun Shoot
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

pnolans Likes This 
Old 12-02-2012, 10:25 PM   #3

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobski
anyone around southern mo. is free to meet at my place. i wish the mods and staff could somehow come to an agreement as to how someone like me who just happens to have a fully functioning range in his back yard can invite people to come without getting booted off the website, id open it up for any and all cyber posters to shoot.
You should be able to under events and meat ups. And post under the state forum. That's nice of you. I would take you up on it if t was not in AL.

Old 12-02-2012, 10:29 PM   #4
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7814 Times on 4690 Posts
Likes Given: 9837

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobski View Post
No one is going to stop you from inviting anyone you want to your range. I wonder how long of a drive it is from my place to yours. I would love to join you. I would love to get an Illinois group together but we can't find anyplace to shoot.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:42 AM   #5

ive had limited success with other websites where people want more than to just chat about guns on a computer. so ive invited them to come to my place and meet. since im a private range, i can shut it down for cyber meets anytime i want. it works out pretty well. guys bring bbq, guns, they all chill in the clubhouse, and shoot if they want. i never charge for the meet. if i did, small groups would most likely not be able to afford the lease option. so i do it for free and tell everyone to bring their own guns and ammo.
i usually ask for something for targets and give free instruction to everyone.
and since i cant be giving away everything for charity, thats where the forum rules may effect me. even though the function isnt the result of business, it can be misconstrude as advertising and charging admission.
the result is, im punished for being blessed with a range that i cant invite anyone to.
see, i didnt build the range to profit from, it just happen to come with the property i bought. not many people are willing to come to the middle of nowhere unless theres a good reason. i try to make the reason... to shoot and have a ftf experience with good people.
ive had people as far as texas and chicago come. if more people knew the deal it is, hopefully more would come.
its not every day a range owner drops the gate, yells free lessons, and lets just anyone in. i do.

hopefully a mod or admin guy will read this and give their opinion and quote rules or something. i think it would be a great way to connect people.

Retired Naval Aviation
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

Old 12-03-2012, 01:14 AM   #6
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7814 Times on 4690 Posts
Likes Given: 9837

I will bring this to the attention of the forum owner. Mods can't make any decision on things like this.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:25 AM   #7

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I'm still wondering what we're intervening in. Is someone a drug addict or a drunk? What's going on?

Old 12-03-2012, 01:56 AM   #8
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Bobski, if you can get a good sized get together set up, I'd definitely be interested in going if funds allow for it.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:18 AM   #9

i might want to remind you guys....its a skeet/trap range. i dont have pistol or rifle booths. im even afraid to say this much. i dont want anyone to think im advertising on a forum.

Retired Naval Aviation

Old 12-03-2012, 02:26 AM   #10

Liked 257 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 185

I don't think any one will see it as advertising. You have already said you won't charge for admittance, and it is only fair for people to pitch in for targets and supplies. I think its a great thing your doing and wish I could join in but I'm in AL and let's just say I don't get out much.

Closed Thread