Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   1st amendment police!! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/1st-amendment-police-87037/)

chrishiggin29 03-21-2013 12:09 AM

1st amendment police!!

I see the 1st amendment and censorship police on Here are workin overtime today. As some of my threads are disappearing. not politically correct enough I guess.

Axxe55 03-21-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrishiggin29 (Post 1184182)
I see the 1st amendment and censorship police on Here are workin overtime today. As some of my threads are disappearing. not politically correct enough I guess.

as the forum is privately owned, whatever the administrators allow is the right you have. pretty much the same as being in someone else's house.

MisterMcCool 03-21-2013 12:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Were you being profane or insulting?

chrishiggin29 03-21-2013 12:22 AM

No. just posted a article I read in the LA times. They were calling gun owners the new terrorist

MisterMcCool 03-21-2013 12:28 AM

Hmm. Something to debate.... But it would be one sided on a gun forum.

trip286 03-21-2013 12:30 AM

Don't bash our staff please. If you have a problem, contact one of them. You're post may have only been moved or merged into a related thread.

Again, have a problem or a question? Go to them. As Axxe pointed out, it is a privately owned site. Your first amendment is constrained by the terms of use you agreed to when you created your account.

chrishiggin29 03-21-2013 12:30 AM

Idk guess they thought someone would get the wrong idea

MisterMcCool 03-21-2013 12:32 AM

Better let it go

JonM 03-21-2013 12:32 AM

i removed it because it was political in nature outside the politics subforum.

political talk is strictly verbotten outside the politics subforum. we are primarily a gun forum for talkin gun stuff. politics is reserved for supporting members. there are plenty of political forums. its kept to minimum because it will get out of control with drive by trolling. thats why its limited to the folks that are invested in hanging around and being deeply involved in the forum here

another area that gets posts vanished is the firearms in the media section when people post about things that do not involve an actual news media outlet doing a positive story about firearms usage.

if you feel a post was removed unjustly feel free to pm me or another mod we will be happy to dig up the why for you.

each subforum has stickies regarding the posting guidelines for that subforum.

deadsp0t 03-21-2013 12:32 AM

When you sign up you agree to the terms set by the owners and enforced by mods and admin.. Simple as that really, you have no '1st amendment rights' here, or any forum for that matter.
I belong to a forum that has no language filter etc and they delete stuff all the time. Remember they have site sponsorship to conceder as well