1986 FBI miami shootout
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > 1986 FBI miami shootout

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2013, 06:50 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
chrishiggin29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 115
Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts

Default 1986 FBI miami shootout

This is the 1986 FBI Miami shootout recreation it's pretty interesting

http://www.examiner.com/video/1986-fbi-miami-gunfight-firefight-personal-reflection

__________________

RRA Predator Pursuit 20"
RRA Entry Tactical
G21SF,G23,G27
10/22, MKII

chrishiggin29 is offline  
dango Likes This 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 04-12-2013, 03:03 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,177
Liked 3461 Times on 1934 Posts
Likes Given: 19298

Default

Indirectly , it was the birthing of the .40 caliber . Too many desk jockeys found the 10mm too much to handle . Interesting story though.!

__________________
dango is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:41 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Donn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 988
Liked 409 Times on 266 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Moral of the story? Go up against a rifle with a hand gun, any hand gun, and you're in for a very bad day.
__________________
Never argue with an idiot in public. People passing by won't know which one of you is the idiot.

Last edited by Donn; 04-12-2013 at 08:44 PM.
Donn is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:40 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 10,270
Liked 6608 Times on 3682 Posts
Likes Given: 6272

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn View Post
Moral of the story? Go up against a rifle with a hand gun, any hand gun, and you're in for a very bad day.

What amazes me most is that millions of dollars were spent over the next few years to cover up the incompetence and arrogance of the FBI.
locutus is offline  
dango Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:31 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Donn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 988
Liked 409 Times on 266 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
What amazes me most is that millions of dollars were spent over the next few years to cover up the incompetence and arrogance of the FBI.
+1. Arrogance for sure. Even in the interview, one of the survivors says they were sufficiently equipped that day. ???? The whole 10mm/40 S&W episode could've been avoided had the FBI re-equipped with the 45acp. However, that would've required the Agency to admit they were wrong for choosing the 9mm over the 45 in the first place. Would 45's have made any difference that day? We'll never know. But we do know how it turned out with what the agents had. Not even the 12ga 00buck shotties were enough.
__________________
Never argue with an idiot in public. People passing by won't know which one of you is the idiot.
Donn is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:31 PM   #6
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
AR10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lincoln Nebraska
Posts: 2,229
Liked 1108 Times on 710 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Default

Tagged for later

__________________
AR10 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:10 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 10,270
Liked 6608 Times on 3682 Posts
Likes Given: 6272

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn View Post
+1. Arrogance for sure. Even in the interview, one of the survivors says they were sufficiently equipped that day. ???? The whole 10mm/40 S&W episode could've been avoided had the FBI re-equipped with the 45acp. However, that would've required the Agency to admit they were wrong for choosing the 9mm over the 45 in the first place. Would 45's have made any difference that day? We'll never know. But we do know how it turned out with what the agents had. Not even the 12ga 00buck shotties were enough.
The 9MM performed a helluva lot better then a .45 would have,

Their biggest bitch was penetration. If you look at the wound chennal of the bullet that stopped right next to the heart, it performed flawlessly. and it has a great deal of penetration.

But the FBI still needed to cover up improper supervision, improper doctrine, improper training, and lack of proper weaponry ON SCENE!

An M-16 or an MP-5 in the trunks of the cars and the fight would, in all likelihood, have turned out very differently.
__________________

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz
V
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Winston Churchill

locutus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:02 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Donn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 988
Liked 409 Times on 266 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
The 9MM performed a helluva lot better then a .45 would have,

Their biggest bitch was penetration. If you look at the wound chennal of the bullet that stopped right next to the heart, it performed flawlessly. and it has a great deal of penetration.

But the FBI still needed to cover up improper supervision, improper doctrine, improper training, and lack of proper weaponry ON SCENE!

An M-16 or an MP-5 in the trunks of the cars and the fight would, in all likelihood, have turned out very differently.
I've read that. Even if the perp had been on an operating table, he wouldn't have survived that first wound. Trouble is, while it was fatal, it wasn't incapacitating. To say the 9mm performed flawlessly is like saying the operation was a success but the patient died. And no, there's no evidence that any other handgun short of a 500 S&W would've had any affect on the outcome. That said, I totally agree had the agents been equipped with AR's or MP5's, the playing field would've been leveled. Going up against a rifle with a handgun only works on TV.
__________________
Never argue with an idiot in public. People passing by won't know which one of you is the idiot.
Donn is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
I have a chance to buy a smith 686 from 1986 any good? TheNYResistance Revolver Handguns 10 10-07-2012 08:20 AM
pre 1986 carltonsprague NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion 5 08-12-2012 07:06 PM
Full Auto Firearms Post 1986 Millerlite NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion 7 06-01-2011 09:19 PM
2 officers, suspect killed in Miami shootout cpttango30 The Club House 5 01-20-2011 11:40 PM
Pre 1986 mg transfer Brianboy_24 NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion 1 02-16-2009 02:13 AM