1911 pistol forum insane?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > 1911 pistol forum insane?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2011, 04:09 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 38 Times on 14 Posts

Default 1911 pistol forum insane?

I joined the 1911 forum a bit ago to get up on some of the colts I have. I keep getting points for infarctions such as asking a question about a colt trigger in the "Heaven forbid" colt forum instead of the parts forum. This happened a few times. Once when I used the horrible word [cover your kids eyes] crap when I was describing why my 45 acp dies were not loading correct and the stuff [crap] I removed from the seater die. LOL Its like a bunch of kids who should not be given a safety badge at school and they are not Gestapo agents. LOL Anyone else been on this site?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-14-2011, 04:14 PM   #2

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

If that is the 1911forum.org then yes.

I will not give my views as it is bad manners to bash a fellow site.

All I can say is I love my kimber and prefer the 1911 owners here over there.

Old 06-14-2011, 04:16 PM   #3

Likes Given: 2

for going to another site!

Only kidding, Some forums are very regimented, There is usually a breaking period where noobs are treated like soggy **** samiches, Stick it out or find a better forum.
Best of luck

Old 06-14-2011, 04:17 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3167 Times on 1591 Posts
Likes Given: 402

Points? Really? Will they revoke your posting license if you accumulate too many points in a given period of time? Perhaps a fine is in order.
Shame on you.

NRA Life Member

Liberals are constantly telling us about the poor and oppressed in this country. With that in mind, why do they feel the need to keep importing poor people from other countries?

Old 06-14-2011, 04:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
If that is the 1911forum.org then yes.

I will not give my views as it is bad manners to bash a fellow site.

All I can say is I love my kimber and prefer the 1911 owners here over there.
Understood. To be honest many of the people there have been very helpful, its the mods that seem to have an authority problem. LOL. I am more amused than angry.

Old 06-14-2011, 04:19 PM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edteach View Post
Understood. To be honest many of the people there have been very helpful, its the mods that seem to have an authority problem. LOL. I am more amused than angry.
I have seen several forums like that, I hang out in a lot of Browns forums and there is one that is just NOTORIOUS for treating "noobs" like a door mat, and the mods stuck up for the "old timers." Noobs keep the site fresh, running them away is the exact OPPOSITE of what you want to do! Idiocy..

Old 06-14-2011, 04:21 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
Points? Really? Will they revoke your posting license if you accumulate too many points in a given period of time? Perhaps a fine is in order.
Shame on you.
The note I got said I received 3 points for posting in an improper category, if I accumulated 10 points I would be banned for 7 days, the points stay on my record for 60 days and then drop off if I do not get the 10 needed to be banned. Yep that exactly the note I received with my infraction of posting in the wrong forum. My argument is that if I ask a question about a colt and post it in the colt forum how is that the wrong category? LOL It make for good entertainment though. LOL.

Old 06-14-2011, 07:09 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I go over there on occasion, but as a general rule, only for the classifieds. FTF is my gun forum.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 06-14-2011, 07:14 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5736 Times on 3361 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

A whole forum for 1911 geeks? I wonder what the median age is, 65? Heck, most of those 1911 fanbois have no real right to criticize the fans of tupperware, since there is probably more plastic in the geezers' joints than in the tupperware kids' holsters.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 06-14-2011, 07:54 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
A whole forum for 1911 geeks? I wonder what the median age is, 65? Heck, most of those 1911 fanbois have no real right to criticize the fans of tupperware, since there is probably more plastic in the geezers' joints than in the tupperware kids' holsters.

LOL thats probably true.

Closed Thread