Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > 12 Year-old McDonald’s Burger Shows No Sign of Decay

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2010, 07:02 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Anyways, to name a few good restaurants.....
Olive Garden
Subway (ish)
Crackle Barrel
Texas Roadhouse
(and) I have suspicions of other restaurants but I will not mention them because I honestly don't know. My family just does it the right way. We save money and shoot/grow a lot of our own food and make almost everything from scratch and not go out to eat.
Olive Garden: PASTA nothing but CARBS. Carbs are not healty. You don't really need carbs.

Subway: You might want to look at what they put in that ground and press formed sliced meat product that is on your sammich. Also bread CARBS. Ask them next time you are stuffing a footlong down your face if the veggies are organic?

Crackle Barrel: Are you SERIOUS? I guess smoothing everything in gravy or boiling all your veggies with SALT PORK is healthy? I guess that basket of a dozen biscuits is healthy too right.

Texas Roadhouse: Really since when is a baked potato the size of a NFL football covered in butter, bacon and cheese healthy?

Everything out there that is not prepped and cooked by you is unhealthy. It is not the food its self it is the portion. Portion control is what everyone needs. I know I eat way to much but I love food and I cook so dam good I can't help it.

Follow weight watchers point program you can have what ever food you want it is all about the portions.

Drink to many soda's and you will go nuts and strangle your wife with a extension cord. Drinking too much water can kill you to. Eat too much fish from the east coast and your mercury levels will be off the chart.

Old 09-20-2010, 07:35 PM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Olive Garden: PASTA nothing but CARBS. Carbs are not healty. You don't really need carbs.

Subway: You might want to look at what they put in that ground and press formed sliced meat product that is on your sammich. Also bread CARBS. Ask them next time you are stuffing a footlong down your face if the veggies are organic?

Crackle Barrel: Are you SERIOUS? I guess smoothing everything in gravy or boiling all your veggies with SALT PORK is healthy? I guess that basket of a dozen biscuits is healthy too right.

Texas Roadhouse: Really since when is a baked potato the size of a NFL football covered in butter, bacon and cheese healthy?

Everything out there that is not prepped and cooked by you is unhealthy. It is not the food its self it is the portion. Portion control is what everyone needs. I know I eat way to much but I love food and I cook so dam good I can't help it.

Follow weight watchers point program you can have what ever food you want it is all about the portions.

Drink to many soda's and you will go nuts and strangle your wife with a extension cord. Drinking too much water can kill you to. Eat too much fish from the east coast and your mercury levels will be off the chart.
Olive Garden has more than just pasta. I usually get their endless soup or Chicken Marsala. Both are healthy.

Subway is a fast food place that is healthyish.
I usually get a 6" BLT, which isn't unhealthy. I get a lot of carbs from the bread though. It is still better than a burger bun soaked in grease from a nasty burger.

I usually get a steak from Crackle Barrel with steak fries (not the best, but I don't finish them), cole slaw and green beans.
All of these things minus the fries are healthy and better than anything that can be found on the McDonalds menu.

I do not finish the potato at Texas Roadhouse. As you said, portion control.

I have to agree, portion control is very important. I never realized how much I over ate until I started paying attention to portion control.
But if you look at the above. I listed healthy meals from 4 places that are perfectly acceptable on the go. Granted I adore Buffalo Wild Wings. I can't get enough of those greasy bastards! That is why I rarely eat at that place.
And for breakfast I prefer Bob Evans. Eggs, potatoes and sausage make a good breakfast and are less greasy than McDonalds (but not as tasty).

I love soda, but it is bad for you. Ever went out to eat with Europeans and you're the only one that orders soda? Yeah, you get balled out. Now imagine if you will that I was the only guy who went out to eat with 3 Lithuanian women! My ass became their chew toy! "You shouldn't order an energy drink for dinner, it is bad for you." "Don't eat so much gravy with your mashed potatoes." "Why do you eat the fat on your steak?" "You sure like deserts." Granted these were comments made over a long period of time, but still.
Thing is, they ate 3 times the amount of food that I ate. Damn those girls can eat.

"This is my rifle, this is my gun." "This is for fighting, this is for fun." -Full Metal Jacket

"I joined the Navy to drink in foreign countries and fornicate." -unknown

Old 09-20-2010, 07:52 PM   #23

Liked 57 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 22

So if we eat nothing but McDonalds we can live forever?

Old 09-20-2010, 07:53 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Really since when is a baked potato the size of a NFL football covered in butter, bacon and cheese healthy?
Holy Crap! How big are the taters up there in Tangoland? Seriously, Tango, i think you are asking too much of your garden if you consider a football-sized tater an unhealthy wimp of a tater.

Maybe this is more your style?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 09-20-2010, 08:34 PM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Maybe this is more your style?
Now that is produce!

"This is my rifle, this is my gun." "This is for fighting, this is for fun." -Full Metal Jacket

"I joined the Navy to drink in foreign countries and fornicate." -unknown

Old 09-20-2010, 09:25 PM   #26
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 697 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

I could eat a potato that big right now.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:43 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
I could eat a potato that big right now.
I would officially nominate you for Honorary Leprechaun.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:11 AM   #28

Liked 1021 Times on 605 Posts
Likes Given: 317

How do you cook that potato? I want a french fry 4' long made out of that thing.

I'm not suggesting that chain restaurants do not have healthy options but if you randomly choose any given item, 80% of the time it will not be healthy to eat on a regular basis.

Panera bread has some good options but you have to be careful and read the nutritional information because sometimes the name is misleading.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 09-21-2010, 12:25 AM   #29

wonder if that burger can be rehydrated later

Old 09-21-2010, 01:29 AM   #30

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

cole slaw and green beans

OK Again Green Beans from Cracker barrel are cooked in PIG FAT (NOT HEALTHY)

Cole Slaw What part of MAYO is healthy?

I spent 6 years out of 8 in the military attending nutrition classes. I guess at 5'10" and 155 # was too fat for them.

I wore size 28 w 32L jeans. My BDU's were Med Regular until I was in my last year of service.

I don't eat healthy because I don't want to. But I do know a thing or two about nutrition.

You get a BLT sub what part of BACON is healthy? NONE.