105-Year-Old Texas Woman Reveals Bacon as her Secret behind Long Life
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > 105-Year-Old Texas Woman Reveals Bacon as her Secret behind Long Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2013, 05:05 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3098 Times on 1552 Posts
Likes Given: 383

Default 105-Year-Old Texas Woman Reveals Bacon as her Secret behind Long Life

http://www.scienceworldreport.com/articles/6715/20130508/105-year-old-texas-woman-reveals-bacon-secret-behi-long.htm

Quote:
A 105-year-old Texas woman has earned a place in almost all headlines by revealing the most unlikely secret to her long life.
Strangely, her key to longevity is bacon. Yes, you read it right; 105-year-old Pearl Cantrell loves to eat bacon and feasts on it almost every day. Her story, for sure, will be a subject of research for most health scientists.
Pearl Cantrell, who's mostly referred to as the '105-year-old bacon woman', said in an interview with a local NBC station, "I love bacon and I eat it everyday. I don't feel as old as I am, that's all I can say."
Resident of Central Texas, Cantrell, a mother of seven, has outlived three of her kids, as well as her husband. Her recent 105th birthday bash was a three-day affair that included more than 200 guests.

Reports according to KRBC state that Cantrell's love for bacon grabbed the attention of the American meat and cold cut production company Oscar Mayer. A representative of the company was present at Cantrell's birthday. The spokesman reached her home in a Wienermobile and gave the 'bacon woman' a ride in the hot dog-shaped truck, gifting her tons of bacon, with more to come in the future.
"We've seen a lot of stories on the road, but nothing quite like this one, so we're excited to be here," Abraham Luna, one of the representatives, told KRBC, of the 105-year-old bacon woman. "Pearl is an inspiration for the community, and her friends and family, so we had to make a special stop here for her today."
Cantrell's daughter Anno says that her mother taught them to work hard and think about living everyday they woke up. She never spoke about dying. She is very active and still loves to dance.
This story comes as a challenge to the latest study conducted by the University of Zurich, which clearly states that eating too much bacon elevates the risk for bowel cancer.
We must conclude:

NRA Life Member

Liberals are constantly telling us about the poor and oppressed in this country. With that in mind, why do they feel the need to keep importing poor people from other countries?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-08-2013, 05:07 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1787 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1551

I love it great story!

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 05-08-2013, 05:35 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3863 Times on 2306 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

I got to go buy more bacon!!!!! This is very good news for mankind.