Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   10-4 and 10-13 gone in dallas. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/10-4-10-13-gone-dallas-12167/)

cpttango30 03-24-2009 05:38 PM

10-4 and 10-13 gone in dallas.

Dallas Police Department dropping police code for plain English | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Latest News

Dallas is going from 10 codes to plain english system. I am not sure but that sounds like look the new recruits are too stupid to lean them lets get rid of them. I think this is a big issue with officer safety.

I would like to know what the officers think?

Benning Boy 03-24-2009 05:54 PM

So now officers are required to speak English, and a vast number of the population are not. Handsome.:mad:

user4 03-24-2009 06:05 PM

The 10 code system has been going the way of the dinosaurs for nearly twenty years. It's not like the scanner listening public doesn't know what the codes mean anyways. It's just better to say what's on your mind, sometimes... That is until Robo needs to bust a 187 in someone's rectal interface.

notdku 03-24-2009 07:20 PM

Seems better to have code when dealing with a suspect so they don't start freaking out right away.

robocop10mm 03-24-2009 07:44 PM

I guess I am a dinosaur, I like 10 codes. You don't really use all 100. You would be hard pressed to use 25 a week.

I agree that the new boots are too stupid to learn them. Like everything else in our society, it is getting dumbed down to the lowest common denominator. Learning how to talk like a cop used to be part of the training process. If you can't talk the talk, how are you going to walk the walk.

Dillinger 03-24-2009 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robocop10mm (Post 86278)
If you can't talk the talk, how are you going to walk the walk.

Probably by getting your ass handed to you a couple of times, accepting humility and becoming a Padwan to one of the "Old Guys" who have been doing it for 25 years....

Outside of that - probably a lot for multiple officer involved calls because someone heard something over the radio they didn't like, immediately went ballistic, the officer responds, then the locals get involved.

This is bad in my opinion. Very bad. Now immediately everyone within ear shot is going to know EXACTLY what the cops know, the minute the boys in blue know it.

Outstanding Warrant?

Wanted for: Murder? Rape? Attempted Anything? The individual in custody is going to know what the cops know the minute that rover goes off.

I am dead set against that - let the young guns learn the old ways, or cut them the Eff loose before they end up getting carried by six of their own...

JD

JiroZero713 03-24-2009 08:04 PM

I'm indifferent.

cpttango30 03-24-2009 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JiroZero713 (Post 86289)
I'm indifferent.

Look here Mr. Happy Trigger Finger hole shootin roof killin machine. I asked for police input not you trying to bost your darn post count.

robocop10mm 03-25-2009 12:59 AM

I think y'all need to lay off poor JZ for a while. He has gotten enough of a ration of fecal matter. Poor JZ bared his soul and revealed a very embarassing screw up. I'm sure he was trying to help others and maybe prevent others from doing the same thing. Y'all cut me some slack last summer when I blew my hand up (and I really appreciate that).

AND............maybe JZ needs to lay low for a little while while he licks his emotional wounds (and gets his hearing back).

JiroZero713 03-25-2009 01:03 AM

I mowed the lawn and I'm happy now.

I just need to work out more.

Believe you me a gun going off next to your ear sets your nuts straight.