Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   +1 MO Sherrif, 0 MO Driver (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/1-mo-sherrif-0-mo-driver-17899/)

falseharmonix 09-10-2009 03:13 PM

+1 MO Sherrif, 0 MO Driver
 
Found this during my morning coffee break, and thought it was too good to pass up.

MO Driver Complains

Quote:


ST. LOUIS -- A driver wrote an e-mail complaint to the Jefferson County Sheriff's department about how she was treated when she tried to get around a procession escorting a soldier's casket.

The sheriff's recent response is getting a strong reaction on the Internet. Jefferson County Sheriff Glenn Boyer told the woman he believed her complaint was self-serving. He also says he wished he had known the soldier who died from wounds he suffered in Afghanistan.

KMOX radio reports that Boyer also says that while the driver was being inconvenienced on her way home, soldiers like the one killed were carrying loads of equipment in the blazing heat of war zones. Boyer said Thursday he did not intend to have the letters widely released.
So true that people forget just what exactly our men and women go through, and so true that we the sheeple have taken this all for granted.....

CA357 09-10-2009 03:30 PM

Me! Me! Me! Me!

This is another example of the selfishness, arrogance and ego that has been destroying this Country. These people wouldn't know how to be respectful.

Troy Michalik 09-10-2009 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falseharmonix (Post 157780)
So true that people forget just what exactly our men and women go through, and so true that we the sheeple have taken this all for granted.....

+1, but careful with that "we the sheeple" bit. Cause, umm, we don't have those here.

orangello 09-10-2009 04:34 PM

:eek:
I really hope she doesn't have kids to influence. Seriously, who PASSES a funeral procession? I have seen people not pull over for them when in the oncoming lane, but to actually PASS a funeral procession, much less of a soldier killed in a war, that i have not seen.

Weaksauce

IGETEVEN 09-10-2009 05:12 PM

Disrespectful, despicable, selflessness and a slap in the face to every soldier who has fought and sacrificed for this country. This would have been a situation and a failure to communicate. IMO, this would warrant a special visit from the Sheriff's Department to knock on her door and when she answered, just tazer her senseless, arrogant ass till she sees the light of her damn actions! :mad: Just my thoughts. :mad:

Jack

CA357 09-10-2009 05:55 PM

The tazer might be a bit extreme. ;)

How about having her accompany a military notification team instead?

falseharmonix 09-10-2009 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troy Michalik (Post 157823)
+1, but careful with that "we the sheeple" bit. Cause, umm, we don't have those here.

I don't mean to refer to this forum and its members, I mean to reference this countries' sheep, that the woman in this story falls into the category of.

I also might add that most everyone here at FTF are fully aware of the sacrifices our men and women in uniform (including FTF's former/current military members) have and are making.

My apologies.

orangello 09-10-2009 06:37 PM

Wikipedia indicates that funeral processions with an escort have the right of way, traffic-wise, even if it is just for a regular person (much less a soldier). Funeral procession - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.nfda.org/index.php/component/content/article/60-advocacygovernment-relations/254 There may be even more legal requirements when the procession is for a soldier, i don't know.

Weaksauce!

IGETEVEN 09-10-2009 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA357 (Post 157865)
The tazer might be a bit extreme. ;)

How about having her accompany a military notification team instead?

She can do that service after her tazer session.

Well Don.....the question is, Are you in? Or are you out? ;)

Jack

Troy Michalik 09-10-2009 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falseharmonix (Post 157876)
I don't mean to refer to this forum and its members, I mean to reference this countries' sheep, that the woman in this story falls into the category of.

I also might add that most everyone here at FTF are fully aware of the sacrifices our men and women in uniform (including FTF's former/current military members) have and are making.

My apologies.

No worries. I wasn't trying to crawl up your butt or anything, which I realized may have come across like that when I went back and read it.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:58 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.