Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > 1,500 People go to girls party...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2011, 12:29 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 715 Times on 472 Posts
Likes Given: 761

Default 1,500 People go to girls party...

I guess this happened in Germany...
Facebook party spins out of control - Technology & science - Tech and gadgets - msnbc.com

A teenage girl in Germany who forgot to mark her birthday invitation as private on Facebook fled her own party when more than 1,500 guests showed up and around 100 police officers, some on horses, were needed to keep the crowd under control.

This is what got me..

Quote:
The police officer was injured when he tried to keep a party reveler from breaking off the Mercedes-Benz logo of his patrol car.
I wanna be a German police officer.....

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-06-2011, 09:03 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yet another good reason to avoid Farcebook........

Old 06-06-2011, 09:28 AM   #3

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 46

This is yet another reason why social networking is now becoming more of a hindrance and a danger to people than a benefit to the world.

"Surpress all compassion and you bear a weapon far greater than any held in the hand." - The Psychology of the Assassin

Old 06-06-2011, 12:56 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Kusanagi View Post
This is yet another reason why social networking is now becoming more of a hindrance and a danger to people than a benefit to the world.
I don't know about that. Social media is an incredible tool for people and businesses alike. It has revolutionized the way people communicate and the way that businesses advertise.

Saying that any social media is a hindrance to the world is the same as saying that cars or guns are bad because people are killed using them. The real issue is negligence. Any activity one is involved in can have an unwanted outcome due to negligence.

We can't blame Facebook or guns or cars for things that go bad. If you do something stupid, bad stuff happens. That's the bottom line.