Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > 09-11-2001 where were you?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2013, 05:35 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 405 Times on 247 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default 09-11-2001 where were you?

I was in 3rd grade. All I really remember is walking home from school that day and my mom being on our driveway waiting and as soon as I rounded the corner to our street, she ran and hugged me crying and I had no idea what was going on

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-11-2013, 05:41 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 474 Times on 266 Posts
Likes Given: 2126

I was watching tv.
When the news broke into the program.
Took a while for me to grasp the, "What the ****" is this.
Those folks are in my prayers.
As are the scum that caused this,
I pray they burn forever.

Last edited by shadecorp; 09-11-2013 at 06:16 PM.
kfox75 Likes This 
Old 09-11-2013, 05:43 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2177 Times on 1121 Posts
Likes Given: 189

I was still in the USAF, stationed in the UK at RAF Lakenheath. What a day. Went to FPCON Delta (essentially base lockdown) and we started launching air defense sorties over Southern England.

NRA Life Member

"Why can't I just eat my waffle?" B. H. Obama. (Sort of representative of his whole tenure, when you think about it.)

Old 09-11-2013, 05:53 PM   #4
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2910 Times on 1715 Posts

I was pulling a 400' deep pump by hand. The owner of the house called me in to watch. I called my boss and asked if I could go home and he told me to go screw myself. I spent another 4 hours pulling, repairing and then dropping the stupid pump before I could get out of there and check on my family.
My brothers wife was lucky to have missed her plane. My mother was stranded at a lighthouse for 4 days. Everyone else was fine.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 09-11-2013, 05:55 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3841 Times on 2298 Posts
Likes Given: 3227

I was at Ramstein AB. I remember someone coming in to the office to tell me. I rushed home to see the news. I knew we were going to Delta. It was my first experience seeing an installation going into real world Delta. Very interesting experience.

Old 09-11-2013, 05:58 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1473 Times on 655 Posts
Likes Given: 1067

I walked to work and when I walked into my office turned the radio on like any other normal day. Just after I turned the radio on they said there was a report of a small plane hitting one of the world trade towers. I called my GF and told her to turn the boob tube on and see what they were saying. Just as she turned it on the 2nd plane hit the other tower. This was in Colorado Springs and not long after they grounded all flights. It was strange to say the least not hearing some sort of air craft taking off or landing other than a military jet leaving out of Peterson AFB on occasion.

Last edited by rockratt; 09-11-2013 at 06:03 PM.
ACES 6 Likes This 
Old 09-11-2013, 06:56 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3627 Times on 2255 Posts
Likes Given: 1220

I was in 8th grade and home sick for the day. My mom woke me up right after the first tower hit. We watched in fear as the second tower hit and reports started coming in.

No one was talking "terrorism" or "attacks" yet on the news, but my mom turned to me after the Pentagon was hit and said, "They just got the economic center of the world and the military center of the world."

If I had been 17, I would have walked into a recruiters office that day and enlisted.

Always have clean socks.

Old 09-11-2013, 06:58 PM   #8

Liked 627 Times on 348 Posts
Likes Given: 1244

My wife called me while we were both at work. She works at a nuclear power plant and they immediately went on lock down.... she told me what happened. I pulled up a live feed in the company atrium and watched video (might have been live...I don't remember) of the 2nd plane hitting. My boss came in and I told him what was happening.... "Are you joking??" he asked me almost hopefully that was the case.... I replied "I wish to God I was."

On the way home that day all I could think about was how many spouses, children and pets would be waiting for someone to come home that night.... It still makes me choke up to this day.

...Over a decade on and we are still at war with the people who's mindset was responsible for that day... We still warehouse the supposed 'enemies' while others we should be watching get a pass at home and abroad... we've lost some damn fine people who went to fight... we are still paying out the nose for gas.... and the President wonders why he can't get support for another military action???

Old 09-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #9

Liked 405 Times on 247 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357
I was in 8th grade and home sick for the day. My mom woke me up right after the first tower hit. We watched in fear as the second tower hit and reports started coming in.

No one was talking "terrorism" or "attacks" yet on the news, but my mom turned to me after the Pentagon was hit and said, "They just got the economic center of the world and the military center of the world."

If I had been 17, I would have walked into a recruiters office that day and enlisted.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who was younger then. And I agree, if I was of age at the time, I would have but now I am and am going to in the next few weeks. Ironically, my dad joined the navy September 10, 2001..

Old 09-11-2013, 07:07 PM   #10
Do what you want and not what others want you to do!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1074 Times on 644 Posts
Likes Given: 54

I was at work and heard a customer screaming when the first plane hit and then the second scream for the next plane. We were in shock as to what was happening.