01/01/13 the largest tax increase in history - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > 01/01/13 the largest tax increase in history

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2012, 02:07 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1024 Times on 619 Posts
Likes Given: 225

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
lol, it's been a long week. That's even worse! Why the hell would they do that? They could have sent them through the mail (overnight delivery) for a few bucks.
Friend of mine that does military work explained why and how this works. Military has certain stds, no matter what the cost. With so much mfg base gone, it drives the cost up even more. He was explaining how on an electronic project, they had to buy US produced capacitors. There were none available, and a special line had to be restarted and HUGE cost. You wouldn't want a defensive weapons ability to fire dependent on cheap chinese quality parts would you? It's a problem that continues all the way down to cheap washers.

Old 05-19-2012, 01:27 PM   #12

Liked 128 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Tax's & Interest on Loans all will go-up in the next couple of years...If we don't have to bail-out another Bank first...These stupid Bankers are going to do-it to us again...WATCH..and see.....

Old 05-19-2012, 02:59 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 796 Times on 371 Posts
Likes Given: 458

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
Friend of mine that does military work explained why and how this works. Military has certain stds, no matter what the cost…... It's a problem that continues all the way down to cheap washers.
I remember requesting 10 glass fuses. (The little ones that are everywhere.) Each fuse came carefully packed in light brown packing material in a tin can the size of a vienna sausage can.

Old 05-19-2012, 05:11 PM   #14

#23 According to the Heritage Foundation, the U.S. military spent “$998,798 shipping two 19-cent washers from South Carolina to Texas and $293,451 sending an 89-cent washer from South Carolina to Florida”.

Try using a laundromat, or at least buying the washer in the state it's going to. It tends to be a lot cheaper that way.

first of all after reading this one I cant take any of this to heart and second there are times more than is needed HAS to be payed out like if you have winds blow down your fence and your Ins. company has to pay for it. it may only cost 5k in materals and labor but they HAVE to by law pay out 10k same thing goes with #23 here. and where did the poster get all this? I see some of you blaming the Dems but but who knows it very well could have been the GOP. I know this last part isnt going to earn me any points here but all this chest puffing GOP Obamas the devil stuff has got to go because the last GOP leader wasnt any better but we have to get over it the Gov. is always going to find ways to rip us off no matter whose in charge Reps or Dems.

I support the right to arm bears

Old 05-19-2012, 10:01 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 796 Times on 371 Posts
Likes Given: 458

rickyp8888 "...I see some of you blaming the Dems but but who knows it very well could have been the GOP…."
"... with #23 here. and where did the poster get all this?…"

The link on downsouth's post:

http://www.mrconservative.com/2012/03/2471-30-government-waste-projects/

"#23 According to the Heritage Foundation, the U.S. military spent “$998,798 shipping two 19-cent washers from South Carolina to Texas and $293,451 sending an 89-cent washer from South Carolina to Florida”."

Click on 'The Heritage Foundation'
http://origin.heritage.org/research/reports/2009/10/50-examples-of-government-waste#_edn3
11. The Pentagon recently spent $998,798 shipping two 19-cent washers from South Carolina to Texas and $293,451 sending an 89-cent washer from South Carolina to Florida.[11]………
At the bottom of page 2:
"….Pick the Low-Hanging Fruit
Because many of these examples of waste overlap, it is not possible to determine their exact total cost. Yet it is evident that Washington loses hundreds of billions of dollars annually on spending that most Americans would certainly consider wasteful. Lawmakers seeking to rein in spending and budget deficits should begin by eliminating this least justifiable spending while also addressing long-term entitlement costs."

The article was commenting on waste in government.
It's not a Democrat vs. Republican thing. Congress has been doing it for years. It happened under the Bush administration, under the Clinton administration, under the Big Bush administration,.All the way back. It doesn't do any good now to blame Bush 2, Clinton, Bush 1, Reagan. They are out of power. It's up to the ones in power now to recognize and address the problems. That's where the criticism of the present president and the House comes in. Some think he's not leading the charge for better efficiency in government. Matter of fact, that he may be adding to the problem. Some think some of the career politicians in Congress and the Senate, Democrat and Republican, have been too long at the trough. IMO, that belief is justified. It isn't a personal thing. If the man was getting the economy to work, going about getting us on a long-time energy program where we would be using our own resources, making the government more efficient rather than just raising taxes, etc., this thread probably wouldn't have been started.