Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Colorado Gun Forum > Western Slope

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2012, 09:21 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1416 Times on 817 Posts
Likes Given: 989

We are planing a pistol competition with the jail minsitry. It will be in September. The Sherrifs dept does the safety stuff. They are very leinient on equipment. You can use just about any gun except a 22. Any holster that is strong side is ok too. They just want everyone to be safe and have a good time. It is really just a fund raiser. But it is a blast. There are law enforcement and civilians. Everyone is welcome.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 06-26-2012, 09:46 PM   #12

I've always been meaning to go to that one but I've never gotten around to it.

Old 07-06-2012, 01:18 AM   #13

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
Hey. We should organize a shoot! Pistol or rifle either. Do you guys ever go out to the BLM area of off C RD in Orchard Mesa? I like it because the tables are far apart.
I do go out there occasionally Rick, it's not too far from my house. I'd be up for an early morning (before it gets too hot) get together sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
We are planing a pistol competition with the jail minsitry. It will be in September. The Sherrifs dept does the safety stuff. They are very leinient on equipment. You can use just about any gun except a 22. Any holster that is strong side is ok too. They just want everyone to be safe and have a good time. It is really just a fund raiser. But it is a blast. There are law enforcement and civilians. Everyone is welcome.
Depending on when in September, I'd be interested. I have a bunch of training going on for work that whole month, but if the timing works out, it sounds like fun.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:34 PM   #14

Likes Given: 2

Hi, I'm Rick on Orchard Mesa.

I own Colorado Conceal Carry Classes.

I'm at the range most every weekend with students.. I would LOVE to go and shoot with any of you anytime.. without being a range coach!

I agree with Rick 1967.. I too prefer C Road... the benches are far enough apart when the whole range doesn't have to go cold in order for a couple of shooters to check or set their targets!
Although, the 27 1/4 range is nice when the weather isn't cooperating.. if the road is bad, it's still accessible, but the concrete pad and cover are awfully nice.

If you or anyone needs their CCW Permit, please have them get in touch with me.

Carry Often, Carry EVERYWHERE!

Rick

Last edited by canebrake; 11-10-2012 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Not a vendor

Old 11-09-2012, 12:02 AM   #15

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Cool! I'll PM you some contact info. Always looking for (safe) people to shoot with.

Old 11-10-2012, 04:47 AM   #16

Thanks, Russ.. safe and SANE!

Rick

Old 01-21-2013, 03:52 AM   #17

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts

I am not 10 minutes from C road and up there all the time. Another good place most of the time is 25 road no benches but some great valleys to shoot in. 16 road at the dam is not too bad most of the people that go out there are pretty laid back. I have found that out by the airport most of the time their are either wanna be range masters, trigger freaks and gun snobs.. I like the more personal areas...

Old 01-29-2013, 04:52 PM   #18

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

free state trust range in Hayden and a nice private range in steamboat are my two favorite ranges but nothing beats the amount uninhabited national forest in every direction out here where I'm at.... look forward to meeting all the city dwellers after the mass exodus when SHTF

Old 02-22-2013, 11:04 PM   #19

Orchard Mesa here..
We teach Conceal Carry Classes if anyone is interested!
www.coconceal.com

Rick

Newest Threads