Temporary Drivers License for CWP?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Colorado Gun Forum > Temporary Drivers License for CWP?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2014, 10:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Temporary Drivers License for CWP?

Hello all,

I am officially a CO resident as of today. I have been going to school here full time for 3 years, but just now switched my residency. My question is, I would like to complete my concealed carry application as soon as possible. However, will I need to wait for my permanent DL to arrive, or is the temporary one sufficient for my application? I do still have my IL DL, but it has been stamped void. Thank you for the help!

Tyler

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-21-2014, 10:20 PM   #2

Liked 1834 Times on 1023 Posts
Likes Given: 1212

I live in Grand Junction...well Clifton actually. My area is much more gun friendly that Denver. I am sure that you must have a valid picture ID when you apply. It is easy to get one though. Do you have your class done yet? If not you need to do that first anyway.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 05-21-2014, 10:22 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Class is done. All I am waiting for is my CO issued picture ID. I do still have my Illinois DL and IL firearm owners picture ID card. Just nothing issued by the state of Colorado, except my student ID. I will try calling in the morning. Thanks for the reply!

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk