Shooters in Denver Front range area
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Colorado Gun Forum > Shooters in Denver Front range area

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013, 04:33 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default Shooters in Denver Front range area

Starting to amass a collection and just looking for those who enjoy shooting!

I have a couple hidden locations I shoot at and looking for something new. Thinking bout sharing my locations with those interested in doing the same.

Figured I could show you mine if you show me yours

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-10-2013, 04:01 PM   #2
Jarvis
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 24 Times on 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280
Starting to amass a collection and just looking for those who enjoy shooting!

I have a couple hidden locations I shoot at and looking for something new. Thinking bout sharing my locations with those interested in doing the same.

Figured I could show you mine if you show me yours
I have been going to the Silver Bullet (38th & Harlan, Wheat Ridge) for years, small ( 40 yd backdrop) but nice range, they have a great CCW Course too. Recently I have been going to Blu Core Shooting Center ( Wadsworth & Jewell), this is a really nice place. Friendly, knowledgable staff. And a 40 yd. 12 lane pistols range, and 100 yd 5 lane rifle range. Plus a large collection of pistols, and a few rifles and shotguns to rent for a one time $20 flat fee. Summertime, When I get time for the drive ( 2 hour drive from home) I go up to Byers Canyon Rifle Range in Hot Sulfur Springs. Great outdoor range ran by the DOW (range fee already payed courtesy of your tax dollars and hunting licenses), with at least 12 200-300 yd rifle lanes all about 30 yds away from each other ( can remove your ears without the 5.56 M4 or the 300 win mag next door making that ringing any worse).
Not really hidden places, but they have been good to me!

Old 05-12-2013, 02:50 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for the response! Never heard of Byers ranger, sounds like what I'm looking for but maybe a bit far. A couple spots I go to are on national forest land and you can spread out from other shooters. I've been spending too much on ammo lately so I prefer not to pay a range fee. Otherwise I do make the drive to Blucore to shoot. I think they are the most reasonable and have always been quick and friendly.

PM me if your interested in a private and decent spot outside of Boulder and Lyons. Sometimes gets busy on the weekends and why I don't want to tell the world.

Thanks again for the reply buddy!

Anyone into prairie dog hunting? I would love to find permission from someone to hunt them w/o having to drive to WY!!

Old 05-12-2013, 05:12 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8697 Times on 3766 Posts
Likes Given: 1338

No longer live in CO- when i did, was member of the Ben Lomond Gun Club. You need to be NRA member, pay dues (reasonable- no idea what they are now), and an 8 hr per year work bond (cleaning range, nailing up target frames, etc).

They have a 500 acre plus range out beyond Kiowa. Can shoot anything that does not have wheels or tracks.

P-dog shooting? Inquire among the feed and seed stores in little places like Castle Rock, Elizabeth, Kiowa, etc. Ask if there are ranchers in the area that need help getting them out of grazing land.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 05-15-2013, 12:02 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Thank you for the advice contacting feed stores. I will try this!!

Old 06-05-2013, 08:01 PM   #6

Liked 13 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

+1 on Ben Lomond. $60 a year for a family membership. When I go during the week, I'm sometimes the only one there. Ranges for everything, even a 600 yard rifle range. Place to shoot prairie dogs harder to find.