You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Colorado Gun Forum >

NEED THE INFO (where to target practice)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2014, 01:35 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 40 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 315

Default NEED THE INFO (where to target practice)

In the Denver area. I want to target practice on public lands or national forest areas. No gun clubs or No shooting ranges , unless they are free. Would like to sight my rifle in out to 400yrds. Seen the maps on BLM website but don't want to drive for hours down dirt road hoping to find an open area to shoot. Does anyone know of some nice spots to shoot on public land or national forest. The reason I want to shoot in these areas is to have a little privacy away from the crowds and enjoy some beautiful scenery. I want to stay within an hour of Denver. Can anybody help me?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-02-2015, 03:09 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 45 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 4

The fact that this post has gone unanswered for almost 10 months is an answer. 400 yard public land shooting areas an hour from Denver don't exist anymore. The metro area has 3.5 million people in it, and more construction every day, thanks to legal pot.

Old 07-25-2015, 01:59 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

When I lived in Lakewood, I headed down to the Arapahoe National Forest near Deckers to shoot at long range. The Hayman fire scar can be seen on Google Earth,(it's huge)and is pretty good for long range shooting. I went during the week and saw almost no other people. Set up paper, or steel, or shoot at boulders way out there. All common sense saftey rules apply,of course, as it is a multi use area.