Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > California Gun Forum > wake up Californians !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2012, 04:08 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 595 Times on 301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloves
Tank, that's not funny.
I currently have 2 solar panels and a windmill. Will need some 20 more pannels to replace my power completely.
Maybe not funny but true. What do you bet they find a way soon to make you pay for not buying power. Maybe they make you buy carbon offsets for all the pollution it took to make those panels.

Old 08-31-2012, 04:30 AM   #22
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7334 Times on 4252 Posts
Likes Given: 9451

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankTop View Post
Maybe not funny but true. What do you bet they find a way soon to make you pay for not buying power. Maybe they make you buy carbon offsets for all the pollution it took to make those panels.
The idea of a tax on people who are net generators has been tried several years ago but failed. It might have something to do with the fact that they cannot meter how much is produced versus how much is used, they can only measure the difference between the two.

They are also talking about taxing people with electric cars for the gas they are not buying. This one actually makes sense because most of the road repairs are paid through gasoline taxes and electric cars pay none. The problem is again that in order to measure how much the electric car drives on the roads they have to be able to meter it somehow.

I do not like where this is headed.

Old 08-31-2012, 01:53 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Unfortunately California is screwed. There are large numbers of conservatives still there but due to redistricting their vote really doesn't matter. I haven't been following since I left last year, did they ever turn the water back on in the valley? Things like that are why I took my family out of there, the politicians are truly sick. I don't even want to get into the schools (I have young kids).

Old 08-31-2012, 04:46 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankTop View Post
Unfortunately California is screwed. There are large numbers of conservatives still there but due to redistricting their vote really doesn't matter. I haven't been following since I left last year, did they ever turn the water back on in the valley? Things like that are why I took my family out of there, the politicians are truly sick. I don't even want to get into the schools (I have young kids).
Every conservative who moves out of the state further weakens our base. The real tragedy is that geographically the majority of the state is conservative but the majority of the population lives in concentrated areas. The funny thing is that in the conservative rural counties the liberal laws are largely ignored. A guy walking down the street in Tehema County with a gun will not draw any second glances. Do that in San Francisco though and it is big trouble.

As far as schools, that is why the homeschool movement is growing by leaps and bounds.

Old 08-31-2012, 05:09 PM   #25

Liked 42 Times on 27 Posts

Don't even get me started! I live here in So. Cal and it is ridiculous I'm originally from a little town in Oregon where I grew up on 60+ acres and had a .22 rifle at 8 years old. I could roam all over that place and hunt, fish in the crick (that's how they say creek) ha ha and you know, just be a good ol country boy I feel so bad for my kids growing up here, you have to drive pretty far to get to experience what I had while growing up. It's too bad

Old 09-10-2012, 12:56 AM   #26

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Most small towns in nor cal are alright with guns. It seems the bigger the city the more people are liberal, and/or anti gun.

-Matt

Old 09-10-2012, 12:57 AM   #27

A lot of what is taught in the schools here border on propaganda.

-Matt

Old 09-10-2012, 02:50 AM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Borders on propaganda? I remember learning in 5th grade how to use toilet paper so I didn't waste too much. That was over 25 years ago. My daughter was in science class studying Asian fish, the teacher let her do a report on Angelfish because her name is Angel. The problem is the angelfish is from South America, they wanted her to feel good about herself. They don't give a crap whether or not the kids learn, they just want them to feel good about themselves while they get brainwashed! The bus has gone off the cliff.

Old 09-10-2012, 02:58 AM   #29

You're right, I remember hearing the civil war was about slaves through H.S. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

-Matt

Old 09-10-2012, 03:42 AM   #30

Which is why we home school our teenage boys.