Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > California Gun Forum > open carry of long guns banned

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2012, 05:20 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4555 Times on 2203 Posts
Likes Given: 1366

Interesting discussion between you two. Like Viking, I support both open and concealed carry but also living on the Left Coast "like Viking" I too understand that the region your in DOES impact whether or not OC "statements" are a good idea.

Spent most of my adult life on the I5 corridor between Portland OR and Seattle WA and I've NEVER seen a display of OC.

Unlike CA, OR and WA, despite heavy LIBTARD majorities, have had reasonable "shall issue" CCW laws for decades and I've personally exercised CCW in both states for 17 years.

I'm not aware of a current push for Castle Doctrine or Stand Your Ground laws but I DO think they could pass in both States because we have strong gun lobbies, a strong outdoor culture, and a demoralized, disorganized, group of Gun Ban Folks.

However, a big hoopla in Portland or Seattle by OC advocates, given the LIBTARD majorities in all coastal counties, would most likely be met with the same knee jerk reaction we just saw in CA.

Loving the sheeple or hating the sheeple is irrelevant...WE NEED the sheeple to either side with us or remain "distracted" sheeple.

Scaring them "in regions" like ours, only helps Liberties enemies.

Tack

Old 08-30-2012, 06:50 PM   #22
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7790 Times on 4499 Posts
Likes Given: 10046

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
You are telling me with your statements that you now want to take away the OCer's right to protest.
I am specifically not saying that. I am saying that the method of protest that they have chosen (in-your-face open carry of the dreaded "assault rifle" etc.) has shown itself to have the opposite effect that they desired and that is why I believe they may be using the wrong tactics. A crowd of people parading down the street in San Jose carrying a bunch of guns would create a panic among the public, regardless of whether they had parade permits and the police were informed as to the protest.

Things that work in Ohio probably won't work here in CA, at least not in the major population centers where anti-gun liberals are by far the majority.

The only thing that I can see that will really change things in this state is if a bunch of you hard-core conservative/libertarian gun enthusiasts move here and help those of us who live here to change the face of our representatives in Sacramento. Protesting from afar, criticizing the opinions of those of us who do live here and telling us to just move out of the state will not change anything for the better. All that achieves is to further bolster the hard core anti-gun liberal mindset that already prevails here.

Old 08-30-2012, 07:23 PM   #23

Liked 364 Times on 257 Posts
Likes Given: 108

If you have idiots walking around with firearms over their shoulders trying to make a point this is the obvious outcome. The argument that open carry and people will get used to it has being showed to be flawed. PS, I don't think you have to be a brain surgeon to figure that one out.

Old 08-30-2012, 10:36 PM   #24

Liked 2222 Times on 1001 Posts
Likes Given: 2155

Well then keep tucking your tails in and slinking away cause that seems to be working out real well for you guys.

Old 08-31-2012, 03:30 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
Well then keep tucking your tails in and slinking away cause that seems to be working out real well for you guys.
I am not tucking in my tail, nor am I slinking away.

It seems to me that the attitude that you appear to have is similar to the one that got us to where the USA is in Afghanistan, CA being the Afghanistan of the USA, without the weapons. The United States is not going to win the war there, any more than those of you outside of the West Coast will win our war for our gun rights here on the battlefield where we live in CA. The battles here will not be won with IED's, bullets or other weapons. The battles here in California can only be won through politics and the changing of minds. The only way I can see that happening is if you come here and add your pro-gun vote to mine. Come into the belly of the Beast. Or are you yellow?

Old 08-31-2012, 04:32 AM   #26

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Being a Californian this pisses me off. But LaMalfa is right on the money. Open carry of long guns should be legal.

-Matt

Old 08-31-2012, 04:38 AM   #27

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

The only reason why open carry long guns became illegal is because there simply wasn't enough protesters.

-Matt

Old 08-31-2012, 04:42 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueguns View Post
Being a Californian this pisses me off. But LaMalfa is right on the money. Open carry of long guns should be legal.
Absolutely correct. Not only that but open carry of handguns should be legal as well. Fully loaded.

It is my opinion that the militant open-carry people have screwed our collective pooch. Open carry for handguns was legal statewide until this year. Looks like open carry for long guns will be illegal come January. All due to the OC people coming out of the woodwork and putting it in the faces of the anti-gun liberals. Great job OC militants. Now I cannot have a gun in my gun rack anymore.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:04 AM   #29

Liked 2222 Times on 1001 Posts
Likes Given: 2155

Funny how those of us outside the west coast have our rights and you don't but you think we are wrong and you are right. Good luck with that logic.

Old 08-31-2012, 08:00 AM   #30

Liked 34 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

Absolutely correct. Not only that but open carry of handguns should be legal as well. Fully loaded.

It is my opinion that the militant open-carry people have screwed our collective pooch. Open carry for handguns was legal statewide until this year. Looks like open carry for long guns will be illegal come January. All due to the OC people coming out of the woodwork and putting it in the faces of the anti-gun liberals. Great job OC militants. Now I cannot have a gun in my gun rack anymore.
Hows that any different then the gays throwin that crap in our face ? I dont wana see that ****! They have gay parades for christ sake. Wtf is that ? Yet if you bitch about the faries fluttering down the street your the bad person.