open carry of long guns banned - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > California Gun Forum > open carry of long guns banned

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2012, 05:51 AM   #11
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8313 Times on 4805 Posts
Likes Given: 10772

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Yes, I understand this, however, I guarantee some Ass Hat street cop will try to enforce it in a rural area when he sees a 30.30 in a pick ups gun rack.

All I'm saying is when said Ass Hat catches a round to his nugget...I'm going to applaud the shooter.

It's laws like these and the incompetent or arrogant officers who enforce them that puts law abiding gun owners and Cops at odds.

At odds with legal gun owners should be the last place any intelligent cop wants to find themselves...

If we were to see officers, through there Unions, taking a vote of "no confidence" in there Chief AFTER a public statement like this, I'd be singing a different tune...but I'm not holding my breath.

Silence combined with the enforcement that will follow is GUILT.

Hey, I used the words "intelligent" and "cop" in the same sentence...

Think I just created a new oxymoron!

Tack
OK, I will not applaud the shooter who puts a round in Asshat's nugget, but I will say that you are right. There are asshats out there, such as our County Sheriff, who are politicians before they are LEOs. There are deputies out there who are politicians. I would not advocate putting a round in their nuggets though.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:43 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2556 Times on 1149 Posts
Likes Given: 2453

So........politicians make another ridiculous law that will accomplish nothing and the ass hats are the OC people. Really? Pull your heads out. Our fight is not with OCer's it's with the politicians and the sheep. Once again some of you have demonstrated that you don't know the meaning of the word "infringe".

Old 08-29-2012, 01:19 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
So........politicians make another ridiculous law that will accomplish nothing and the ass hats are the OC people. Really? Pull your heads out. Our fight is not with OCer's it's with the politicians and the sheep. Once again some of you have demonstrated that you don't know the meaning of the word "infringe".
Actually yes. It is the asshat with the OC mentality that thinks he is helping the pro-gun movement by dressing out like the Gecko Kid and open carrying his AR15 to the mall parking lot that brought this crappy law about. They did not learn that they were stepping on their dicks when last year open carry of handguns was outlawed, they had to keep on stomping. It pisses me off.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:19 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Actually yes. It is the asshat with the OC mentality that thinks he is helping the pro-gun movement by dressing out like the Gecko Kid and open carrying his AR15 to the mall parking lot that brought this crappy law about. They did not learn that they were stepping on their dicks when last year open carry of handguns was outlawed, they had to keep on stomping. It pisses me off.

It's your opinion so you tell it anyway you want. Starting a fight with other gun owners and pro 2A people while giving the politicians and sheep a free pass is kind of stupid. It's difficult to fix a problem when you don't even know what the problem is.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:26 PM   #15

Liked 4806 Times on 2327 Posts
Likes Given: 1498

Quote:
OK, I will not applaud the shooter who puts a round in Asshat's nugget, but I will say that you are right. There are asshats out there, such as our County Sheriff, who are politicians before they are LEOs. There are deputies out there who are politicians. I would not advocate putting a round in their nuggets though.
I did not mean to sound as though I was advocating it either. Simply stating that it WILL happen as soon as the wrong Cop tries to enforce this law against the wrong Citizen.

We are already seeing fringe element like the "Sovereign Citizen" movement growing in numbers and boldness with the Murders of two officers last week.

Increased tensions or worse, an actual shooting war between LEO's and Gun Owners is the last thing any of us want BUT laws like these keep popping up giving cooks an excuse.

The problem for all of us sane folks will be the government response of registration/confiscation and the inevitable choice that brings to each of us.

Tack

Tack

Old 08-29-2012, 11:53 PM   #16

Quote:
It's your opinion so you tell it anyway you want. Starting a fight with other gun owners and pro 2A people while giving the politicians and sheep a free pass is kind of stupid. It's difficult to fix a problem when you don't even know what the problem is.
I do know what the problem is here in CA, and I am not so sure that you do. The major problem we have here is that the general populace in LA and the San Francisco Bay areas (where all of the elections are decided here) are completely ignorant of guns. Because of that when somebody who is not in a police uniform is spotted with a firearm they are immediately considered to be a potential "Psycho Shooter". That is the problem. I do not give the politicians a free pass, and I do everything I can to educate the sheeple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
I did not mean to sound as though I was advocating it either. Simply stating that it WILL happen as soon as the wrong Cop tries to enforce this law against the wrong Citizen.

We are already seeing fringe element like the "Sovereign Citizen" movement growing in numbers and boldness with the Murders of two officers last week.

Increased tensions or worse, an actual shooting war between LEO's and Gun Owners is the last thing any of us want BUT laws like these keep popping up giving cooks an excuse.

The problem for all of us sane folks will be the government response of registration/confiscation and the inevitable choice that brings to each of us.

Tack

Tack
I don't see how these laws give crooks any "excuses". I just see how it oppresses law abiding citizens.

Old 08-30-2012, 02:24 AM   #17

Quote:
The major problem we have here is that the general populace in LA and the San Francisco Bay areas (where all of the elections are decided here) are completely ignorant of guns. Because of that when somebody who is not in a police uniform is spotted with a firearm they are immediately considered to be a potential "Psycho Shooter". .

It isn't that they are ignorant about guns they are just ignorant. When the sheeple and the politicians in CA. see a woman with vagina who is not in police uniform, do they immediately consider that she is a potential prostitute? How about a man with a penis is he a potential rapist? How about a guy with a zippo is he an arsonist? Look how many bad cops CA. has why aren't they considered a potential mass murderer? They carry guns in the open. What I'm saying to you is we shouldn't be bashing the OC guys we, you and me and everyone else needs to stick together or we will all hang separately. Didn't a wise man once say something like that?

Old 08-30-2012, 04:34 AM   #18

Quote:
It isn't that they are ignorant about guns they are just ignorant. When the sheeple and the politicians in CA. see a woman with vagina who is not in police uniform, do they immediately consider that she is a potential prostitute? How about a man with a penis is he a potential rapist? How about a guy with a zippo is he an arsonist? Look how many bad cops CA. has why aren't they considered a potential mass murderer? They carry guns in the open. What I'm saying to you is we shouldn't be bashing the OC guys we, you and me and everyone else needs to stick together or we will all hang separately. Didn't a wise man once say something like that?
The comparisons you make might be humorous, but they are equally absurd. Most of the anti-gun people that I know personally here in CA are incredibly intelligent, and not the least bit ignorant in general. I would submit that nearly every one of those people that I know personally has never had any real positive exposure to firearms (and believe me, I am trying to change that) which is where their hoplophobia is rooted.

While I strongly support the right to carry (open or concealed), I do believe that the OC guys are wrong in their tactics. Their tactics are directly responsible for us losing the legal right to open carry handguns in public and will soon cause us to lose the right to open carry long guns in public as well.

Thomas Paine said “If we do not hang together, we shall surely hang separately.”, and I do believe that in the context of Paine's statement the OC guys are hanging themselves and all of the rest of us along with them. I live in a rural part of one of the most liberal counties in CA, in order for me to walk from my house down to the lower part of my property where I can legally shoot I must walk next to the county road for a few yards. I frequently will open carry in that circumstance (matter of fact, my son just shot a deer this evening after we walked down to our deer stand) and under the proposed legislation this could be illegal in the future. Now, I have been doing this for years, when I was a kid in this same neighborhood we would carry our .22 rifles down the road. Now a bunch of OC protesters decide to "make a statement" and OC in the strongly liberal cities and I am supposed to support them? All they have achieved is to further tighten the noose around our necks.

Now, I have never been to Lima Ohio, but I have been to Avon Lake, Akron, Cincinnati, Columbus, Marysville, Youngstown, Mecca, and many other parts of your state. Granted this was in the late 1980's but at that time I did not see one single person open carrying anywhere at any time. At the same time I spent a lot of time in various pars of Arizona and frequently saw people open carrying in the northern parts, but never in Phoenix, Chandler, or any of the major cities. I would submit that both Ohio and Arizona are markedly different than California. Please accept that.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:19 AM   #19

I think you've spent to much time in Ca. It's starting to warp your thinking. People routinely open carry in Ohio. In fact people even organize open carry days to keep the police informed. We don't feel the need to protest like the guys in Ca. because we are not being oppressed. You are telling me with your statements that you now want to take away the OCer's right to protest. Hasn't the state of Ca. taken away enough of your rights?

Old 08-30-2012, 05:15 PM   #20
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Update:
http://www.sacbee.com/2012/08/30/4770492/lawmakers-send-bill-to-ban-open.html

I don't need No stinking signature.