Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   California Gun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f116/)
-   -   open carry of long guns banned (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f116/open-carry-long-guns-banned-71297/)

mountainman13 08-28-2012 05:36 PM

open carry of long guns banned
 
http://www.fresnobee.com/2012/08/27/2966824/senate-approves-ban-on-open-carry.html

vincent 08-28-2012 05:45 PM

"The measure responds to gun rights advocates who took to openly carrying unloaded long guns to protest another bill that became law last year."

Read more here: http://www.fresnobee.com/2012/08/27/2966824/senate-approves-ban-on-open-carry.html#storylink=cpy

Way to go OC advocates...

You have to actually go out of your way to OC a long gun in public, but it's practical and necessary how??? :confused::confused::confused:

That's what you get for scaring the sheep...

That's what you get for testing LEO's and wasting their valuable time when they could have been out doing more constructive things instead of dealing with azzhattery and idiocy...

Ca. can suck it...

Dillinger 08-28-2012 05:46 PM

Well, it's Kalifornia, so it's not such a stretch. At least a couple of them get it.

Quote:

"There's a lot of innocent people who merely tote their firearms to where they need to go," said Sen. Doug La Malfa, R-Willows. "What crime is this going to solve other than further curbing the rights of the law abiding who follow the rules."

Sen. Ted Gaines, R-Roseville, called the measure "an attack on rural California" and accused urban lawmakers of imposing their will on his rural constituents.

Vikingdad 08-29-2012 03:37 AM

Quote:

"A police officer is not sure if you are the bad guy or if you are the good guy," added Sen. Gloria Negrete McLeod, D-Chino.
OK, how do the good guys tell which cops are good or bad? They all open carry loaded and they all have uniforms and badges.

I do not think the open carry people are in the right here by making the staments they are trying to make. That mentality is what led to making open carry of handguns illegal. Open carrying in a city is stupid to be sure, but having your rifle in the gun rack when you go into town should not be a crime.

Tackleberry1 08-29-2012 04:20 AM

...supported by CA Law Enforcement?

That rips it...EFF CA and it's Cops...if you CA LEO Ass Hats can't tell the difference between a gan banger with an AK and Bubby Open Carry advocate with his Remi 12 Guage...:rolleyes:

If you CA LEO Ass Hats have not figured out that the criminal "conceals" his illegal gun and the citizen does not...well, you schmucks deserve the round you wil eventually catch.

The citizens respect for your badge has limits and it ends when you no longer respect the citizens gun.

Gutless bastards are lucky there are only 20 or so real men left in that state.

Tack

trip286 08-29-2012 04:27 AM

Hey Viking, I think I have a pretty good idea for the cops to tell good guys from bad guys...

Maybe they could wait for a crime to be committed?

Vikingdad 08-29-2012 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286 (Post 919798)
Hey Viking, I think I have a pretty good idea for the cops to tell good guys from bad guys...

Maybe they could wait for a crime to be committed?

Well Duh! But if this is signed into law...

Now how do we law abiding gun owners know how to tell the bad cops from the good ones?

trip286 08-29-2012 05:03 AM

Unfortunately, we can't.

TekGreg 08-29-2012 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tackleberry1
...supported by CA Law Enforcement?

That rips it...EFF CA and it's Cops...if you CA LEO Ass Hats can't tell the difference between a gan banger with an AK and Bubby Open Carry advocate with his Remi 12 Guage...:rolleyes:

If you CA LEO Ass Hats have not figured out that the criminal "conceals" his illegal gun and the citizen does not...well, you schmucks deserve the round you wil eventually catch.

The citizens respect for your badge has limits and it ends when you no longer respect the citizens gun.

Gutless bastards are lucky there are only 20 or so real men left in that state.

Tack

Tack,

This is another media misrepresentation. Most street cops, when interviewed, do not have a problem with armed civilians, either as CCW or open carry. When the police administrators reach lieutenant and captain level, they turn liberal to be able to be appointed. That's why most police chiefs are more politician than cop, and their opinion does NOT normally represent that of their men. It seems to always be the police CHIEFS associations speaking for all of law wnforcement, and it's just not true.

Tackleberry1 08-29-2012 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TekGreg (Post 919830)
Tack,

This is another media misrepresentation. Most street cops, when interviewed, do not have a problem with armed civilians, either as CCW or open carry. When the police administrators reach lieutenant and captain level, they turn liberal to be able to be appointed. That's why most police chiefs are more politician than cop, and their opinion does NOT normally represent that of their men. It seems to always be the police CHIEFS associations speaking for all of law wnforcement, and it's just not true.

Yes, I understand this, however, I guarantee some Ass Hat street cop will try to enforce it in a rural area when he sees a 30.30 in a pick ups gun rack.

All I'm saying is when said Ass Hat catches a round to his nugget...I'm going to applaud the shooter.

It's laws like these and the incompetent or arrogant officers who enforce them that puts law abiding gun owners and Cops at odds.

At odds with legal gun owners should be the last place any intelligent cop wants to find themselves...

If we were to see officers, through there Unions, taking a vote of "no confidence" in there Chief AFTER a public statement like this, I'd be singing a different tune...but I'm not holding my breath.

Silence combined with the enforcement that will follow is GUILT.

Hey, I used the words "intelligent" and "cop" in the same sentence...

Think I just created a new oxymoron!

Tack


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:24 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.