My dad is considering moving here
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > California Gun Forum > My dad is considering moving here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2013, 06:44 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Default My dad is considering moving here

Well, we are in Kalifornia right now and my dad thinks he might want to move here. He wanted to move to arizona but nobody has gotten back to him on job offers. So hes considering moving here despite the bad gun laws.
Can you guys tell me all the good and bad about this place? Laws on magazines and ''assault'' weapons? Thanks

Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-05-2013, 07:13 AM   #2

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 39

This is a good place to start. We have a lot of confusing laws and more on the way.

http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/Main_Page

Cisco

Old 06-05-2013, 07:32 AM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Don't move to Cali it sucks here, it's a hippie state and everyone is scared of fire arms and in general weapons go to Texas much cheaper too.
-Brittany
OC, CA

Old 06-06-2013, 07:25 PM   #4

Likes Given: 1

Don't move here is my advise. If you guns already, they may not be legal to have or sell Cali. Don't be an accidental felon due to ignorance. Do your homework!

Old 06-08-2013, 09:22 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 387 Times on 199 Posts
Likes Given: 757

Dont forget that when you move here you have 10 days to register your handguns. And they had better be Calif. compliant.And NO so called assault rifles .
As soon as it is possible Im out of here and Ive been here since 1964.

Keep your powder dry boys.
Things are gonna get rough.

Old 06-09-2013, 04:05 AM   #6
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8456 Times on 4899 Posts
Likes Given: 11022

I have gotten to the point where I am no longer going to make an effort to comply with the confusing and Draconian California gun laws. It has become impossible to do so. i don't intentionally do anything illegal, and I am not the sort of person who makes himself a target to law enforcement so it is unlikely I will become a victim of the new laws. I am at the same time entertaining a move out of state. I was born here and have lived my whole life here. But the oppression is too much.

Other than the politics and the cost of living California is the next best thing to paradise. It can get hot, but not so hot as AZ, NM or TX for the most part. If you locate outside of the Los Angeles and San Francisco Bay areas you will find that people are much less liberal and easier to get along with. I live in one of the areas known for the worst kind of liberalism and it is not bad at all. I spent a good part of today at a party with a bunch of artists outside of Santa Cruz and we were talking about how screwed up the government is, guns and art. pretty good company and these are the people I choose to associate with. There are a lot of us here. really.

What sort of job is your dad looking for?

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 06-09-2013, 04:53 AM   #7

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Humm? Too bad sounds like the Stockholm Syndrome.

Old 06-09-2013, 05:12 AM   #8
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8456 Times on 4899 Posts
Likes Given: 11022

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Humm? Too bad sounds like the Stockholm Syndrome.
Is that directed at me?

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 06-09-2013, 05:41 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode986
Well, we are in Kalifornia right now and my dad thinks he might want to move here. He wanted to move to arizona but nobody has gotten back to him on job offers. So hes considering moving here despite the bad gun laws.
Can you guys tell me all the good and bad about this place? Laws on magazines and ''assault'' weapons? Thanks
If he can avoid it, I definitely recommend against moving here. Everyone has pretty much covered it all. Even the NRA can't do a whole lot here. They try, but the hippies have a super majority in the state legislature. What can you really do against that?

Always have clean socks.

beastmode986 Likes This 
Old 09-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #10

Unfortunately, I have to move to California whether I want to or not. None of my guns will comply with CA laws (as I understand them, or as new ones are being entertained in the legislature). I am in a conundrum whether to comply or just go under the radar as best as I can. Unless something unforeseen happens I should never have a problem that would require a search of my property or anything like that. Any suggestions (outside of don't move)?