Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   California Gun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f116/)
-   -   LA AFB Bx is opening a gun shop (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f116/la-afb-bx-opening-gun-shop-94734/)

Marthor 07-31-2013 05:01 AM

LA AFB Bx is opening a gun shop
 
I'm surprised AAEFES is opening a Gunshop in Los Angeles at the Bx. This is the last place I would have thought.

They already built the counter. They are just waiting on the last license approval before they open. Should open Aug/Sep 2013.

JW357 08-15-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marthor
I'm surprised AAEFES is opening a Gunshop in Los Angeles at the Bx. This is the last place I would have thought.

They already built the counter. They are just waiting on the last license approval before they open. Should open Aug/Sep 2013.

Pretty neat. Any idea if its gonna be just long guns or handguns too?

At Camp LeJeune in NC the PX sold long guns, only.

Marthor 08-15-2013 05:08 PM

I was at Langley AFB when the new gunshop opened in 2012. Langley had both longguns and handguns.

The installed counters at Los Angeles were the exact same "materials" as the Langley counter was including a display case with clear stands to hold handguns. So, it looks like the answer is yes.

daddyof3 11-06-2013 11:29 PM

29plams is selling both now also.

MoHawk 11-07-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marthor (Post 1336243)
I was at Langley AFB when the new gunshop opened in 2012. Langley had both longguns and handguns.

The installed counters at Los Angeles were the exact same "materials" as the Langley counter was including a display case with clear stands to hold handguns. So, it looks like the answer is yes.

Where does Langley have a gunshop?! I was stationed there for a long time and the last time I was at the BX was in October.... So....

motorcyclenut 03-29-2014 01:03 PM

The Camp Pendleton MCX sells firearms, ammo, magazines, and other neat stuff.

Jagermeister 03-29-2014 01:16 PM

Most bases i have been to have a rod and gun club already. Is aafes going to compete with services/mwr in regards to firearms?

Marthor 04-08-2014 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoHawk (Post 1424943)
Where does Langley have a gunshop?! I was stationed there for a long time and the last time I was at the BX was in October.... So....

At Langley Virginia, it opened around Feb 2012 inside the BX in the outdoors area past toys & automotive.

=============

I started this thread a while back. Just stopped by LA AFB California, today and found out it's finally OPEN! :D

IOwnTheWorld1994 01-10-2015 05:30 PM

What are the requirements for buying a gun there asides from obviously being in the military?


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:31 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.