Inland Fish & Game Conservation Association - R.I.P.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > California Gun Forum > Inland Fish & Game Conservation Association - R.I.P.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2012, 11:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Inland Fish & Game Conservation Association - R.I.P.

It looks like Inland Fish & Game Conservation Association is completely dead. The 60 year old club was sued by a developer that bought the property next door to build 122 homes. Of course, who would buy a home adjacent to a range?

So the developer cozzys up with the City council, and even hires a fomer City planner, and gets all sorts of concessions. Next, he sues the club and wins, potentially due to some lead shot that may have fallen on the property. I say 'may' because now that the suit is over, the developer can no longer find the lead! There were a lot more lies, but bottom line, he won as the club could no longer pay for the fight or to redesign the range.

Thank you courts and City of Highland city council. You have displaced hundreds of shooters, shooter veterans, sea scouts, boy scouts, disabled shooters, hunter safety instructors, and many more that enjoyed this range. And special thanks to the NRA that was not heard one iota during the fight.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #2

I used to shoot at that range. It was a good place to shoot. That was so ridiculous. Is the site still there?

Thanks,
Chris

Old 02-19-2012, 03:21 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kq6up View Post
I used to shoot at that range. It was a good place to shoot. That was so ridiculous. Is the site still there?

Thanks,
Chris
Still there about 6 months ago when I was down for a visit, but it was totally trashed. Metal thieves and other hoodlums have stripped the place.

Lot's of people shot there. It is amazing what a city council will do to win the hearts of an out of town developer.