Independence Day March On Sacramento?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > California Gun Forum > Independence Day March On Sacramento?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2013, 09:18 PM   #1
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9080 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Default Independence Day March On Sacramento?

Last I heard the July 4th armed march on Washington DC has evolved into a march on the various State capitols. Anybody heard of such an effort here in CA? I don't get onto the Calguns forums too often and have not seen anything there yet. I think it might be a good idea, but only if people are to carry either BP muskets, cardboard cutouts, toy guns or the like, NOT loaded modern rifles.

Any of the rest of you Californians seen anything?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-28-2013, 09:47 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 946 Times on 503 Posts

It has been done before in Sacramento, why not again?

PS I was they on 4th of July when a firework hit the done doing considerable damage, I guess that could happen again too.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankTop View Post
It has been done before in Sacramento, why not again?

PS I was they on 4th of July when a firework hit the done doing considerable damage, I guess that could happen again too.
My hope would be for nothing of the sort to happen. If the demonstration is to be successful it will happen without any incidents or damage.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:48 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 946 Times on 503 Posts

Sorry, sarcasm never comes across on the interwebs. However, the Black Panthers armed march into the capital was was executed very well.

Old 05-28-2013, 11:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankTop View Post
Sorry, sarcasm never comes across on the interwebs. However, the Black Panthers armed march into the capital was was executed very well.
I would disagree. The Black Panthers were successful to a certain degree in getting their movement into the press. It was not a positive image however. Some of the members quit the movement in protest over the direction that the leadership chose. Their armed march on the California State Capitol- right into the State Legislature- was outright thuggery (I am sure that one would not have to look very long or very hard to find some of the modern "Thug 4 Life" stuff to has its roots in the Black Panthers of the 1960's.) This is not the image that we, as gun owners, are seeking. This is why I disagree with Adam Kokesh's approach which is an armed march on DC. That is thuggery.

Old 06-03-2013, 02:05 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 432 Times on 227 Posts
Likes Given: 891

If this can get organized, Im in.
Health wise Im not in great shape for a march but I can hold signs and protest loudly.

Old 06-03-2013, 02:23 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by widowmaker View Post
If this can get organized, Im in.
Health wise Im not in great shape for a march but I can hold signs and protest loudly.
I would help you out if you need it. We gotta hang together or we will surely hang separately. (Apologies to Ben Franklin!)

Old 06-04-2013, 03:48 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

We need to get this organized if its going to happen. Being on a fixed income I have to plan way ahead for a trip like that. (and it's only 175 miles one way for me). Old car, little spare cash. But a very loud mouth when I'm pi**ed. I will recruit like minded folks up here if someone will just take the lead on this. Let me know.

Old 06-18-2013, 02:29 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Default Any news on this

bump this up one time to see if theres any interest in doing the march. Time is running out people.

Old 06-22-2013, 12:39 AM   #10

This site seems to be still rather new and not visited all that much. My suggestion would be to take this idea over to Calguns where it will get much more visibility.