Govenor Signs and Vetos Final Anti-Gun Bills - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > California Gun Forum > Govenor Signs and Vetos Final Anti-Gun Bills

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts

So glad my wife wants to leave CA as soon as my current orders have run their course. Shoot, VA looks better all the time compared to all this.

Old 10-14-2012, 05:25 AM   #12
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8261 Times on 4773 Posts
Likes Given: 10674

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueguns View Post
OC ban on unloaded long guns boils my blood.
Banning OC (both long and hand guns) may have the unintended consequence of loosening up the concealed carry permitting process. That seems to be the trend right now (though not, unfortunately, in my county).

Old 10-18-2012, 02:23 PM   #13

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

Banning OC (both long and hand guns) may have the unintended consequence of loosening up the concealed carry permitting process. That seems to be the trend right now (though not, unfortunately, in my county).
I don't carry (although I am planning on it).

I just don't want the cops called on me for standing outside my garage admiring my shotgun and the birds I got that day.

Or when I have to carry the gun to the street when I'm done shooting, because that's where the car is.

I think banning open carry of long guns is AWFUL! No matter if it loosens CC.

-Matt

Last edited by Blueguns; 10-18-2012 at 11:49 PM.
bear1 Likes This 
Old 10-19-2012, 02:49 AM   #14

Quote:
I don't carry (although I am planning on it).

I just don't want the cops called on me for standing outside my garage admiring my shotgun and the birds I got that day.

Or when I have to carry the gun to the street when I'm done shooting, because that's where the car is.

I think banning open carry of long guns is AWFUL! No matter if it loosens CC.
As I understand it there are specific exceptions for hunters and bringing your guns to and from your car (or standing outside your garage with your weekend bags), etc., the law is specific to long guns being carried in a "public place" such as a coffee shop.

Don't get me wrong, I am just as disappointed in the ban as you are, but the blame lies squarely on the shoulders of those open carry activists who pushed the issue into the faces of known anti-gunners. Open carry did not become an issue until people started open carrying in a flagrantly provocative manner. When I was in high school in the early 80's I remember a couple of times where people would open carry and it was no big deal. One of my buddies would open carry an AR15 as a part of his Halloween costume every year. Try that nowadays and you would end up in jail. Things have changed for the worse here in the past 25-30 years. Only a fool would not know that.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:23 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

As I understand it there are specific exceptions for hunters and bringing your guns to and from your car (or standing outside your garage with your weekend bags), etc., the law is specific to long guns being carried in a "public place" such as a coffee shop.

Don't get me wrong, I am just as disappointed in the ban as you are, but the blame lies squarely on the shoulders of those open carry activists who pushed the issue into the faces of known anti-gunners. Open carry did not become an issue until people started open carrying in a flagrantly provocative manner. When I was in high school in the early 80's I remember a couple of times where people would open carry and it was no big deal. One of my buddies would open carry an AR15 as a part of his Halloween costume every year. Try that nowadays and you would end up in jail. Things have changed for the worse here in the past 25-30 years. Only a fool would not know that.
Yeah, those OC guys got out of hand. I've heard there was once a time when kids would OC a .22 into the store to buy ammo.

I remember talking about those OC guys with you. Not many people I knew understood fully how they shot themselves in the foot. (No pun intended).

-Matt

bear1 Likes This 
Old 10-20-2012, 03:58 AM   #16

Quote:
Yeah, those OC guys got out of hand. I've heard there was once a time when kids would OC a .22 into the store to buy ammo.

I remember talking about those OC guys with you. Not many people I knew understood fully how they shot themselves in the foot. (No pun intended).
I don't specifically recall your stance on the OC thing, but I took a lot of flak for my stance, and I do believe I am right about it. When I was a kid we used to be able to hike on the road to friend's houses with our loaded .22's. Since I was raised in a no-guns household I didn't have one of my own, but nearly all of my friends had them, and also had one for me to shoot as well, and we would hike all over the place with our guns and nobody thought anything of it (this was over 30 years ago).

Old 10-21-2012, 10:24 PM   #17

I agreed with you in that the OC protesters went about protesting in the wrong way for California. We agreed that they were out of line carrying there ARs in to coffee shops, and restaurants in big cities here.

Growing up, I was walking distance from a place I could shoot, but by then it was illegal to carry my .22 loaded.

-Matt

Old 11-11-2012, 02:12 PM   #18

Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
why do people even live there?
My guess for the money and the weather..

Old 11-17-2012, 04:17 PM   #19

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

My family can't take it anymore so we're getting the heck out of here (California) come this summer. I'm law enforcement and this state is out of control with ALL of the ridiculous laws they come up with. The fruits and nuts that are running this state, WILL destroy it with their high taxes and anti-business laws.