Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > California Gun Forum > Cheapest way to get a shipped gun?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 11:32 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default Cheapest way to get a shipped gun?

I'm trying to buy a Ruger online from out of state and I was wondering what the cheapest way to get it was. As I understand it I need to pay the price of the gun, tax on the gun, and some fees the FFL I'm shipping to charges. Is this correct? and to follow up does anyone know who the cheapest FFL in Orange County is?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-26-2012, 01:30 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8611 Times on 3732 Posts
Likes Given: 1323

Canyon- CA has a requirement that any FFL Dealer shipping TO a CA FFL Dealer must register with the CA DOJ. Many dealers in other states just will not do that.

When ownership is being transferred across a state line, it must come TO a FFL holder in your home state, Does NOT have to come FROM a FFL. While some dealers will not, a FFL can RECEIVE a firearm from anyone- they DO need ID on the sender so they can log it in to their bound book.

If you go to gunbroker.com, there is a "find a FFL" function. These are dealers that have registered with gunbroker as being willing to serve as a transfer FFL. Put in your zip code, will pull up folks in that area. MOST list their charges.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 07-26-2012, 02:05 AM   #3

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

C3 hit it on the head as usual, I just will add that the cheapest FFLs that do transfers are usually your pawn shops or home based. If it list by appt only, it's probably a home based FFL. So do some shopping around.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.