California wildlife official in hot water over mountain lion hunt
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > California Gun Forum > California wildlife official in hot water over mountain lion hunt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2012, 12:05 AM   #1
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8261 Times on 4773 Posts
Likes Given: 10674

Default California wildlife official in hot water over mountain lion hunt

This is BS. The guy didn't do anything illegal and nothing wrong. If he gets fired over this it will be a serious blow for hunters in California.

http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_19992359

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-19-2012, 03:49 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 311 Times on 207 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Damn, he killed the cat in Northern Idaho and paid $6800.00 for the 7 day guided hunt. It's legal in Idaho. These California " it's illegal to do anything" people need to mind their own business.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:56 AM   #3

Liked 55 Times on 31 Posts

Does this get anyone else mad as all he//?! What happened to freedom??? He killed the lion in another state...

Have Gun....Will Travel

Old 02-19-2012, 04:06 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Holy crap I'm glad I live in Utah. We can even hunt with dogs here! Did you read the comments after the story? These people are insane!

Up until this year my dad was hunting cats every weekend. There are no "canned" hunts on lions. You guys know that though. I'm preaching to the choir I know. Just burns me up. They really think they should control everyone else's lives. Queer marriage isn't legal here. Maybe we could arrest all of them when the bother us at sundance.

Wait, was this thing on?

Old 02-19-2012, 04:51 AM   #5

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

My GOSH!!! Would all of the normal people in Cali once and for all move to a different state so we can go ahead and wall that F'ing place off!!!

The comments on the site after the story piss me off more than the story itself!!!

Talk about a bunch of friggin' busybodies!!! They need to get a life and stop worrying about what (supposedly) FREE people do on their OWN TIME in OTHER STATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-19-2012, 05:12 AM   #6

Just over five years ago the Sheriff and the Undersheriff of San Mateo County were caught in an illegal brothel in Vegas. Nothing came of it.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/04/25/BAG4QPEU3E1.DTL

Old 02-19-2012, 06:30 AM   #7

Default California wildlife official in hot water

There are those who are constantly looking for a chink which they could exploit in order to remove Commissioner Daniel W. Richards from office. Richards did nothing wrong and didn't violate any laws, although this won't stop them from using the hunt as an excuse to replace the Fish and Game Commissioner with someone less outspoken. I frankly don't understand how Commissioner Richards actions are viewed as a "disgrace to his position" by simply participating in this hunt. I personally hope that cooler heads prevail and this current storm blows over.
P.S. Nice trophy!

Old 02-19-2012, 12:30 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1197 Times on 669 Posts
Likes Given: 496

Another affirmation that I made the right decision nearly 20 years ago to get the heck out of CA. Only lived there 2 years, that was enough.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:54 PM   #9

I am personally opposed to trophy hunting on a moral level, however I would love to have the opportunity to put lion on the menu. I hear it was the favorite meat on Kit Carson's (and many other early Western explorers) dinner plate.

Old 02-19-2012, 05:05 PM   #10

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

The Enviros don"t want any hunters on the Fish and Game Commission. It's too bad. Without hunters, there'd be very little going into wildlife management.