California Voters Unite!!!

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > California Gun Forum > California Voters Unite!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2012, 06:40 AM   #1
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8673 Times on 5015 Posts
Likes Given: 11275

Default California Voters Unite!!!

I received my ballot in the mail yesterday and thought I would reach out to all of you regarding your vote for President this time around. Stick with me.

I am voting for Gary Johnson. I am doing this because I know that it is a foregone conclusion that all 55 of California's electoral votes will be going to Obama. There is absolutely no hope that Romney could possibly win California. My reasoning is that if you vote for Romney, you are throwing your vote away. If you vote for Johnson, there might be the outside chance that the voters who voted for Obama last time around who are dissatisfied with his record of the past 4 years will not vote for him this time around but at the same time they cannot stomach the idea of voting for Romney either. Those people most likely would vote for a Libertarian like Johnson. If enough people in California do this, perhaps, maybe there would be enough votes for Johnson to upset the election against Obama. Maybe California's 55 electoral votes will go to Johnson instead of Obama.

That and I truly do believe that Johnson is the best candidate on the ballot. He is for repealing all gun control laws on the books. What more could you want? Take a look at Johnson and vote your conscience. A vote for the "lesser of two evils" is still a vote for evil.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-18-2012, 03:15 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

I like that idea, although I'm really not sure the Gary Johnson name has caught on with most California voters (I hope I'm wrong about that). I'm also worried about doing that because of Obamas dismal last 4 years, many centrists may throw a vote Romney's way.

-Matt

Last edited by Blueguns; 10-18-2012 at 03:17 PM.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:03 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueguns View Post
I like that idea, although I'm really not sure the Gary Johnson name has caught on with most California voters (I hope I'm wrong about that). I'm also worried about doing that because of Obamas dismal last 4 years, many centrists may throw a vote Romney's way.
Perhaps so, but it is my opinion that too many people vote based on the polls and by extension they are voting on other people's opinions. They vote for the guy that they think is going to win. This isn't the horse races. That is not how the vote for President it to be decided. On the other hand it is as I said in my earlier post a foregone conclusion that Obama will win all 55 of the Electoral College votes for the state of California. My idea is to lessen the number of voters who will "hold their nose" and vote for either R or O. Don't hold your nose when you vote and vote your conscience.

A vote for Romney, by centrists or hard-line conservatives, in CA is a wasted vote. It is more likely that the centrists (particularly left-leaning centrists) will vote for Johnson than Romney. That is just a simple fact of how things are here.

I have voted for Johnson because I believe he is the best man for America. I do not think that either Romney or Obama will be good for the country.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:36 AM   #4

That's quite a toss-up. I find myself leaning toward Johnson, I'm hoping if I bite the bullet and go for it, we may get Obummer out. I think that's what I'm going to do. Johnson 2012!

-Matt

Old 10-19-2012, 04:42 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueguns View Post
That's quite a toss-up. I find myself leaning toward Johnson, I'm hoping if I bite the bullet and go for it, we may get Obummer out. I think that's what I'm going to do. Johnson 2012!
Welcome aboard Matt. Now spread the word!

Every single person I know who has said they are going to "bite their tongue" and vote for either Romney or Obama has changed their mind after I talk to them about Johnson. I haven't kept track but it has to be over a dozen now. I have no idea about my Facebook "friends", don't really know how to get the word out very effectively, but I try there as well.

Old 10-19-2012, 04:56 AM   #6

I killed my Facebook. I do try to talk with my friends, family, and others willing to listen about the Paul or Johnson message. I'm going to try to spread this. After researching the numbers here in CA it sounds even better to vote Johnson.

-Matt

Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 10-19-2012, 05:46 AM   #7

Yeah, I'm not very active on FB, but I do maintain it. Mainly because I have a business that benefits from the exposure. If not for that I wouldn't do it.

Keep up the faith brother!