California Gun Owners-Read This - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > California Gun Forum > California Gun Owners-Read This

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2012, 02:37 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 32 Posts

Hunting and Sporting are not the primary purpose of the 2nd Ammendment either. It is to defend the people against other people. If the people's arms get dumbed down enough, they can no longer serve the purpose intended.

. Mossberg 500 12g
. Stoeger Coach 12g
RIFLES:
. Remington 700 300 WinMag
. Bushmaster M-4 223
. Ruger Mini-14 223
. Ruger 10/22 22LR (x2)
. Rossi 1892 Lever 357
HANDGUNS:
. Remington R1 & R1S 1911 45 ACP (x2)
. Springfield Armory XDm 45 ACP
. Beretta Px4 Storm 45 ACP
. Beretta 92FS 9mm (x2)
. Ruger Vaquero 357 (x2)
. Ruger LCR 357
. Ruger LCP 380
. Ruger 22/45 22LR
. Walther P22 22LR
vincent Likes This 
Old 06-26-2012, 02:47 AM   #22

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
I would not care if AK's were banned in California.
Thats exactly how it starts.

First this, then that, and one day you wake up and dont have squat.

07/02 FFL
AR CHL inst.

Mongo Likes This 
Old 06-26-2012, 03:00 AM   #23

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts

The purplse of the second amendment is to defend the people from the government. The well regulated militia IS the people, the "free state" is the state people are in when the government fears them. We no longe r live in a free state, becuase the governemnt determines who can own arms.

Old 06-27-2012, 09:49 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 14 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoobee View Post
Gents, our problem in California is somewhat different than other places in the USA.

First, gun ownership here is in the minority. Only about 1/4th of households in California contain a firearm.

It is not like in Wyo, Alak, Mont, SD, WV, Miss, Ida, Ark, Ala, or ND where the ownership is over 50%.

It is not even like Ky, Wisc, La, Tenn, Ut, Okla, Io, SC, Kan, Vt, Minn, NC, Me, Ga, or Ore where it is at least in the 40s.

So as an overwhelmingly small minority in California, the gun owners actually need to worry about their public image, act responsibly, and appear to be reasonable.

We cannot get away with shooting anything that moves here. 75% of the people who live here do not like to hear about shooting everything that moves. The majority here will tolerate hunting for meat. They will not tolerate shooting everything that moves.

We also cannot get away with owning things that are associated with mass and spree killings of people either. The AK's are not looked upon with much tolerance here.

Fortunately nobody is against people owning revolvers, and pistols, and scoped hunting rifles, and shotguns.

I cannot imagine any state banning all firearms. I do not believe that is even possible.

But the only thing I can imagine that would propell the non-gun-owning majority in California in that direction would be the AK's.

I would not care if AK's were banned in California.
Shoobee,

What you think or "feel" doesn't matter, what most Kalifornians think of feel doesn't matter, what I think or feel doesn't matter... except if it matches-up with, doesn't violate, contradict, nor impede what our founding Fathers wrote down in our Constitution; as interpreted by them!

To be an "American" is not defined as someone who lives here or is born here. It is someone who loves the Constitution this country is based on. Those who do things contrary to our Constitution and those who support them by vote or ambivalence...

Let each person judge.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:15 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 248 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 768

I remember the sks "paratrooper" model(uses AK detachable magazines) was sold then made illegal after the fact.

If you continue to reside there, it will get worse.

Last edited by Mongo; 06-27-2012 at 10:16 PM. Reason: detail

Old 06-27-2012, 11:06 PM   #26

Liked 216 Times on 162 Posts

I agree everyone should call, write, email and try to get this stopped. Like said before this is the road to divide and conquer. Tell your legislators we already have too many gun laws. Remind them that it is not the law abiding citizen that this sort of law will hurt that they need to worry about. And no law will change the weapons or methods that the drug dealer, gang members, or any other criminals will use. The criminals are criminals already because they scoff at any law already, creating more laws will have no effect. If they put as much time, effort, any money in catching and properly dealing with these scumbags we will all be better. If they further restrictions on law abiding citizens they are just added to the criminals stronghold.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:43 PM   #27

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I'm a new gun enthusiast/long time CA resident. It's kinda annoying that my new hobby is not well regarded in this state and it leaves me with a lot of questions.

What is this bullet button technology? I know from experience with my friends firearms the button to remove the magazine is shielded and prevents thumb depression. Is it this or something else?

Old 07-26-2012, 04:00 AM   #28

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

CA is actually filled with gun enthusiasts, but we just have a legislature that sucks balls.

Bullet buttons are a generic term used to describe a part that requires a tool to remove a magazine, rather than just using your finger.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 07-26-2012, 04:29 AM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1726 Times on 897 Posts
Likes Given: 3651

I live in KY. Ya can own a full auto. But ya gotta pay for the license (its quite expensive) Then ya gotta buy the gun
(also very expensive) I'm guessing $10,000 will get ya what ya need.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:50 AM   #30

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Lets see, the Chinese does not like American gun ownership, the Chinese has a lot of interest in California, the Chinese owns a lot of businesses in California, the Chinese yen is supporting California's political policy. Is not Yee Chinese? Whoda thought Yee would push gun legislation? Stop his madness and vote him out...