Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > California Gun Forum > California Gun Owners-Read This

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 08:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

Default California Gun Owners-Read This

Hello fellow gun owners behind the Liberal Curtain in the Peoples Republic of California! All joking aside, a serious threat has raised it's head and is currently making it's way through the legislature. Senator Yee (d) (yeah, what else would he be?) from San Franscisco (another shocker) has introduced legislation to BAN BULLET BUTTON TECHNOLOGY, because he sees it as a way to "get around" California's assault weapons ban. Here in CA we already have to deal with the damned inconvenience of this stupid gadget attached to our AR's, AK's, etc, but this clown wants to ban that too.

This must not get to a vote. If it does get voted on, it has a good chance of passing on a party line vote- since the libs have a solid majority. I urge you to contact Senator Yee's office and tell them how much we do not like this. Then you need to contact your own representitives and urge them not to vote for this full frontal assault on our 2nd amendment rights.

If he is successful each law abiding gun owner in Ca that owns one of these rifles will instantly become a felon overnight by merely owning a rifle with bullet button technology because it will then be considered to have a "detachable magazine." Think of that a minute- if caught with your AR/AK, you will have ALL of your firearms confiscated and NEVER be permitted to own another one.

A quote from Senator Yee: “It is extremely important that individuals in the state of California do not own assault weapons. I mean that is just so crystal clear; there is no debate, no discussion.”

His position is clear and I doubt he will be swayed. The bill is SB 249 and if it gets out of committee it will face a general vote on the legislature floor within a month.

Please dont delay, call your elected reps and start hounding them right now!

Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-24-2012, 08:33 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2911 Times on 1716 Posts

Good luck guys. Keep us informed.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:52 PM   #3

Liked 47 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 14

My hunting rifle is a scoped Remington model 700.

The state legislature has not focused on these yet.

The rifle is 3 + 1.

Nothing like the 20 + 1 or 30 + 1 sturmgewehr.

I guess in 1903 the Springfields were nothing like the 1944's. Or the 1947s. Or the 1959 AR-15s.

3 + 1 is plenty for hunting big game. Pretty good for long range precision shots as well. I guess the ARs and the AKs are really popular though.

Can't exactly figure out why though. I suppose an M-14 would be ok for hunting deer close up. But its too heavy as well.

Kentucky lets their residents own machine guns. But this ain't Kentucky.

Last edited by Shoobee; 05-24-2012 at 09:12 PM.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:30 PM   #4

Likes Given: 2

Shoobee-

Give them a chance. There are assembly members who are on record as saying they intend to advance their agenda to ban every firearm in Ca. whether they are for hunting, home defense, plinking, or just because it's your right to own them as an American.

You took the time to reply to me, please take the time to shoot an email to your representitives!

Old 05-26-2012, 03:03 AM   #5

It is an odd notion that we all need to support machine guns etc in order to keep the battle line drawn far from home defense and hunting guns.

KY lets you have machine guns. They burn through a lot of ammo, and they are not good for very much.

In Calif whether there are reps who make voter mileage about their anti-gun stances, if that works for them and their hippie constituents, I don't care.

It is fortunate that nobody in Calif has used a 1903 Springfield type rifle to shoot up a school yard. Fortunately the AK's work much better for this.

I have no use for an AK. Or anything like it. That's why I replied.

Old 05-26-2012, 03:32 AM   #6

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoobee
It is an odd notion that we all need to support machine guns etc in order to keep the battle line drawn far from home defense and hunting guns.

KY lets you have machine guns. They burn through a lot of ammo, and they are not good for very much.

In Calif whether there are reps who make voter mileage about their anti-gun stances, if that works for them and their hippie constituents, I don't care.

It is fortunate that nobody in Calif has used a 1903 Springfield type rifle to shoot up a school yard. Fortunately the AK's work much better for this.

I have no use for an AK. Or anything like it. That's why I replied.
This is how the U.K. got their guns taken. Their gov't pitted different types of gun owners against each other. Eventually they got rid of all types of firearms one by one until there was none left. Gun owners are forced to unite against these leftist politicians and fight to keep our God given rights.

-Matt

Old 05-26-2012, 03:39 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7621 Times on 3316 Posts
Likes Given: 1130

Gents- I am not a Californian, just strolling thru the threads tonight. But I would offer this for your consideration-

First, do NOT assume that just because the Congresscritters are not talking about YOUR rifle/shotgun/handgun NOW, does not mean that they will not get around to it. Now, a word about that "sniper" rifle you have there, Mr. Shoobee.......I see that it shoots LEAD bullets. Do you know how harmful that is to the environment? I mean, it is for the children.......

Second- what STARTS in CA has a way of spreading to the rest of the US. Sort of like athlete's foot. Would just as soon see this sort of thing quashed early.

Several years ago here in VA, we had a well intentioned muttonhead- sorry, member of the State House of Delegates, who drafted a law to ban anti-tank weapons. Well, really- who would object to THAT? Nobody goes hunting or target shooting with a Bazooka or M72 LAW, right? Problem was, the law was worded in such a way that it would have outlawed every 30-06, .303 Enfield, 8mm Mauser, .308, and 7.62x52R rifle in the state.

Not swallowed whole by a shark, gents- nibbled to death by ducks.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 05-26-2012, 03:53 AM   #8

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

It can't pass. There is no way to make an item, which is designed to comply with the law, illegal.
I understand what he wants to do, but it's not going anywhere. There is no way to enforce it without allowing everyone who owns a centerfire fixed magazine firearm to turn it into an AW with a detactable magazine.

Old 05-26-2012, 03:53 AM   #9

Gents, our problem in California is somewhat different than other places in the USA.

First, gun ownership here is in the minority. Only about 1/4th of households in California contain a firearm.

It is not like in Wyo, Alak, Mont, SD, WV, Miss, Ida, Ark, Ala, or ND where the ownership is over 50%.

It is not even like Ky, Wisc, La, Tenn, Ut, Okla, Io, SC, Kan, Vt, Minn, NC, Me, Ga, or Ore where it is at least in the 40s.

So as an overwhelmingly small minority in California, the gun owners actually need to worry about their public image, act responsibly, and appear to be reasonable.

We cannot get away with shooting anything that moves here. 75% of the people who live here do not like to hear about shooting everything that moves. The majority here will tolerate hunting for meat. They will not tolerate shooting everything that moves.

We also cannot get away with owning things that are associated with mass and spree killings of people either. The AK's are not looked upon with much tolerance here.

Fortunately nobody is against people owning revolvers, and pistols, and scoped hunting rifles, and shotguns.

I cannot imagine any state banning all firearms. I do not believe that is even possible.

But the only thing I can imagine that would propell the non-gun-owning majority in California in that direction would be the AK's.

I would not care if AK's were banned in California.

Old 05-26-2012, 04:28 AM   #10

Liked 333 Times on 262 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Spaceballs. Oh crap, there goes the planet.

People Like This