Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > California Gun Forum > CA. AW Flow Chart

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2012, 05:05 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm14

Unfortunately, at least as I understand it, if you are to buy a current new or used firearm of any type here in Cali., you are limited to 10 round magazines. The AK and AR type weapons I believe have to have fixed 10 round magazines. Other rifles like the Springfield M1A and Ruger Mini-14 are also limited to 10 round magzines but they can be detachable.
Unless you've had them from before the ban
Ar/aks can have a "modified" pistol grip to prevent the thumb from wrapping around it, a comp instead of a flash hider, and a fixed stock, and have detachable mags.

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 03-28-2012, 02:55 PM   #12

Liked 293 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17 View Post
Unless you've had them from before the ban
Ar/aks can have a "modified" pistol grip to prevent the thumb from wrapping around it, a comp instead of a flash hider, and a fixed stock, and have detachable mags.
I often wonder about the "before the ban" thing when it comes to over 10 round magazines. I don't know about you but when did you ever see a serial number on a magazine for a M1A or a Mini-14? Or for any firearm for that matter. How would they prove that magazines you may have are before or after the ban? I've herd that you can own all the high capacity magazines you want here but that you just can't use them in a firearm. Dont know if that statement is really true or not. In some situations the laws here regarding this have too many holes in them.

Old 03-28-2012, 04:23 PM   #13

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Well, the while innocent until proven guilty plays into it big time, because a police officer has to prove that you manufactured them or transfered/imported them. The dates stamped on some mags do no good because "all my mag bodies needed replacement officer " and there is no further recourse.

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------